Quote Originally Posted by MarathonTmatt View Post
Hello Diego & Others,

The most ancient of cultures always run. Usually bare foot over tough terrain, sometimes extremely long distances over rocky trails in hot and humid weather. Sometimes for days. As somebody who has done/ does some long distance running- it is a great way to train rooting. Somebody years ago even marketed something called "chi running." I never bought into that or looked too deeply into that or whatever. But, from my own experience, especially running up-hill, my instinctive response is to grip the ground while launching off the soles of my feet.
I read Mike Tyson trained 8-10 hours a day when he made it into the Olympics and became the Champ he would do 2-4 hours boxing and 6 hours leg work every day like jog in the morning, skip rope at lunch and ride stationary bike after dinner. Lol I`ve been doing doing writing and 3d art for a few years so I`ll spend two weeks just sitting down then train on weekends, you really notice the difference after doing Interval Sprints for 3 months like when Im out of shape I can barely do the drop down after kick in the Bak Mei Sub Jee Ying Jow video I posted, like it hurts my hip to even bend the knee to the floor fast.

My 70 year old teacher jumps back and lands in perfect Shaolin sitting pose then jumps back up into front stance tiger claw grabs. It`s hilarious everyone I see learn Sub Jee sucks at it wether teenager, MMA guy or body builder guy they don`t have the firm tendons to quickly perform the postures.

My Sifu says your pose should be firm I think the idea is to be like WW1 soldiers not too big, fairly slim and firm to perform with functional speed.