Thread: Emperor offers cup of wine or Single leg strikes

Emperor offers cup of wine or Single leg strikes

What is the history of one legged hand strikes?. I haven`t learned 9 Step Push yet but what I gather is they do like a right leg bow stance right hand backhand strike to the face, followed up with a neck strike with the same stance but you shift all your weight on your right leg while your left leg kicks your ass the power rotates and shifts into your right hand neck strike.

They do it in 9 Step Push I`m one form behind with Ying Jow so I get one leg strikes are an advanced move like I`ve seen a few 9 step push on youtube that lacks power or some kenpo guy learned 2 years after training with someone who learned for 4 years. Jik Bo, Sub Jee, Sam Mor Kun and Ying Jow all involve moving fast through solid stances, also you only train a few basic kicks until you get to intermediate level fast footwork in Jik Bo is the main goal until you get to 9 step push.

So, I know twist stance is used for sneaky footwork steps after and setting up hitting with horse stance and bow stance power moves from the Hop Gar combos I learned in the 1990`s. I remember always liking the one legged hand strikes from the old Shaolin Monk demo`s back when they first went on David Lettermen.

Jack Dempsey wrote about the drop step knock out punch where you hit as the weight lands like front kick step down pivot with the step down and punch off the pivot for knock out blow like superman punch.

What`s the theories behind one leg strikes from an advanced Ba Gua and Shaolin perspective also what`s the Chinese name and character spelling for the Emperor offers cup of wine moves in your style or styles you know about?. Google sucks at Kung fu so its hard to find the moves you are trying to research lol.

In Kung Fu Elements book Shou Yu Liang demonstrates a few one legged hand strikes like one leg spinning backfist.

Muay Thai does Single leg technique lift rear knee guard kick with shin and push with lead hand to evade neck clinch rushing technique.
    Last edited by diego; 07-09-2017 at 12:04 PM.

dear sir,

please try it out in sparring and report back.

best regards,

steve ballson, phd

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    dear sir,

please try it out in sparring and report back.

best regards,

steve ballson, phd
    Try what out I asked about 30 possible techniques from the various forums on KFM lol..Muay thai does the kung fu move against clinch you lift rear knee to guard and you guard your face with rear elbow while pushing the chest to avoid neck clinch.

The Bak Mei one is neck strike I cant spar my buddy with neck shots may as well do iron crotch with a shot gun bean bag

bwang what if you had a knife and hit the guy lifting rear leg then step down change angle to fight the next enemies? .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYmD...wDnjXCE#t=3784

at 28:06 anderson silva muay thai clinch fundamentals for mma Silva shows a possible usage of the one leg roots one hand grabs rear hand guards and rear leg lifts as a Muay Thai Clinch Escape body mechanic the oppponent has your leg your grab his head and lift the rear leg for jumping knee strike. This whole Muay Thai for MMA Clinch defense is straight Bak Mei for the grabbing neck portions. He even does the two hand x strike in Ying Jow as clinch escape.

at the 40 minute mark check out the CHIN CHECK section its all Bak mei me he does the x hand press to the neck in Ying Jow form tilts to the side and knees to ribs. It`s called double cross face.
    Last edited by diego; 07-09-2017 at 03:09 PM.

whats the point of this thread if you don't try it out and report back. if no one tried it out in in real life can how they say anything. do you want me to go try it for you.
    Last edited by bawang; 07-09-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    whats the point of this thread if you don't try it out and report back. if no one tried it out in in real life can how they say anything. do you want me to go try it for you.
    I asked you what is the Chinese spelling for Northern Shaolin one leg hand strikes lol I dont know what move you want me to practice.