Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Application used in sparring

Application used in sparring

I like to analyze sparring footage I take and comparing them to the still photos from forms practice. Many people make comments on kung fu sparring clips and say[they didn't use kung fu at all, or that wasn't real kung fu]. They simply don't understand how kung fu works, and expect it to look like a kung fu movie
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 07-10-2017 at 07:31 PM.

no offence, jut stop it. stop spreading misinformation when you can't even perform a simple punch. that was all like an old lady who can't stand firmly on her feet, trying to punch a bully. oh, why am i telling these to you?
    everything you told and did was pure wrong.
    Last edited by SHemmati; 07-14-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHemmati View Post
    no offence, jut stop it. stop spreading misinformation when you can't even perform a simple punch. that was all like an old lady who can't stand firmly on her feet, trying to punch a bully. oh, why am i telling these to you?
    everything you told and did was pure wrong.

Sounds like Bane speaking to Batman.

mickey

Another kung fu guy living in kung fu fantasy land what a surprise. a billion theories and no action. Here are some more clips of me competing, grappling and sparring with Thai boxing students. Can you theoretically tell me how I was wrong when I throw someone on the ground or kick them in the face. Unbelievable people still believe in the untouchable kung fu master nonsense. People want to pose in fancy outfits, shaved heads, and wear beads and not get their hands dirty. Only people you are fooling are people like yourself, who want to live in this pretend world.
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 07-17-2017 at 01:36 AM.

a lower-average guy in slow-motion school-boy-style grappling with some gym ponies. definitely, no balance, no leverage, no power, no speed, no technique, no tactic, with no body mechanics.

a guy who talks about Shaolin kung fu and still doesn't know what is an arrow stance, doesn't no need to talk more. you haven't learned the first lessons, so stop talking misinformation.

(i didn't mean to say this, but, keep in mind, 'fantasy land' is where somebody with an extremely weak, untrained body like you thinks he knows kung fu fighting.)

Bridges for sale, bridges for sale, get your very own bridge. Notice the guys making theory comments on sparring clips never have any sparring clips of their own. Coincidence?
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 07-17-2017 at 01:36 AM.

There are some people still desperately clinging to the untouchable kung fu master myth, unwilling to except the truth. The only secret is sweat and fights never look like kung fu movies. Still wanting to believe you can be a fighting master without getting your hands dirty, and constantly pressure testing your fancy techniques and superior theories.

How many kung fu videos do you see comments like [that wasn’t real kung fu], or they weren’t using kung fu at all, and then start spurting out all the superior fighting theories. Yet there is never a single video showing these theories at work! Yi Long is a tough guy and good fighter, does he look like a kung fu movie fight scene when he fights? He did study at Shaolin, he is a real Shaolin guy, maybe not a monk, there are few if any real monks left here these days[trust me I live with the locals here in Songshan. i know what goes on].

The tai chi MASTER that recently got his butt whip in a match vs an mma guy, who here thinks he didn’t talk about stuff like { he has no root, and he can’t use explosive chi}? The mere fact that this guy thought he could fight against a real fighter in a sport match where ground fighting is allowed should be enough to prove there is a major problem here with theory vs fact issue.

These guys talking the nonsense have no experience in the real world, some of the comment made above show some seriously scary clueless. Phonies, low level, no power. Beijing shuai jiao in Beijing is phony? Wow, judo competition is slow-motion? Wow Thai boxing students can’t fight? wow ,no root yet winning at a tournament where the main objective is to root and uproot your opponent, wow. All this nay saying and yet not a shred of evidence that what you say holds any weight at all.

The guys who talk like this never can fight, I have run across a few before. One time when I was studying shuai jiao in Beijing alongside fulltime shuai jiao players, there was a foreign guy who visited and wanted to train for like a three weeks or a month. He was just there one day jogging at the beginning of a lesson. I knew the coaches would match us up for kicks. So me being the cautious type I talked with him. Asked him if he did shuai jiao or judo before, “no he mentioned, but I study kung fu [forgot which style he said] and we do throws in our system” He seemed pretty confident, my worries had subsided though the second I heard he never did shuai jiao or judo but is a kung fu guy. Later that day sure enough they cleared the mat and called us two up for a match. I threw him several times in the couple of minute we fought, he never got me once, not surprising. He had some size over me too. Why is this story significant? Because I had been busting my butt, wrestling full time shuai jiao guys ten or more years younger than me regularly at the time. How much time do you imagine the traditional kung fu guy spent training his throws with a partner and with resistance in sparring session? Get the point?

Another time when one of my coaches pro MMA fighter and Shuai Jiao champion Yao Honggang[look him up on youtube, he fights all over the world and his bro fought in the ufc], was running his own little class. So this Chinese guy who grew up in Europe would show up every once in a while. We went out drinking together once or twice. He was big on the theory talk too. Always complaining how someone wasn’t real kung fu and how some high level master could destroy everyone, that type of stuff. When I got to spar him in shuai jiao class, I tossed him around as easily as one can toss around a pillow.

Point is you will almost never hear a fighter talk this kind of fallacy. People make negative comments about fighting clips when they feel insecure. I’m going to leave you guys with a quote.
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 07-17-2017 at 03:49 AM.

And here it is Name:  20046817_10154609413326316_6562072821807369334_n.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  77.3 KB

i don't have any personal interest in this subject, i just care about facts. when there's misinformation, i try to correct it with facts, if any.

first of all, it's not your business whether people know how to fight or not, and i don't care about that. we are not talking about MY skills after all, but YOURS! i said your comment was wrong! and i mean factually wrong. i'll go into details in another thread, i'll explain why.

and, you say 'bridges for sale'! the one who tries to sell people his merchandise is YOU – i mean some books and material you sell – not me, we don't sell anything here and nowhere else. we don't sell any published source here, but you do, that needs qualification. keep in mind, you're not qualified. if there's somebody out there who's gonna teach people, that guy is NOT YOU.

at the end, if you were SMART, when somebody of an unknown height tells you you're wrong, you wouldn't get yourself involved in some efforts of throwing the guilt toward him, in the end, that won't give you any excuse. one who actually knows the stuff, would explain his reason, and won't be afraid of corrections to his knowledge, if any, which i doubt in your case.
    Last edited by SHemmati; 07-17-2017 at 02:49 AM.

let's correct the misconceptions

i wanted to do these in my spare times, not now. but seems we'd better do it now, once and for all.

as you see, i said wiz cool made a mistake here, a misconception, misinformtion, or a misunderstanding you could say, and not only one, but multiple such wrong claims. well, he's not alone, these are famous misconceptions, we see them everywhere. nobody has to be blamed until these misconceptions get factually corrected. we've discussed some of these in the forum, but we have to correct these, all of them far as possible, once and for all.

ok, we'll begin one by one. the first one comes in a few day. let's do it.

This message is hidden because SHemmati is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

I can’t, I just can’t, I will join a D&D group or go to a star trek convention if I want to submerge myself in that much fantasy. you take care now;]

Sorry I somehow deleted this clip accidently of me {actually using} what I talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    This message is hidden because SHemmati is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

I can’t, I just can’t, I will join a D&D group or go to a star trek convention if I want to submerge myself in that much fantasy. you take care now;]
    I hadn't seen the video and was undecided. But now you start to sound like Hendrik. SHemmati has announced to spill some truth, and your answer with silliness. That's hardly convincing.

Birds of a feature, you guys can believe in the tooth fairy for all I care, I don't have time for the nonsense.

There is no use trying to explain reality to people in such deep rooted denial of what is obvious truth. The rest of the martial art world sees it, but it seems a lot of the people who gravitate toward the Chinese arts, choose them just for this reason. They are attracted to the mystical. There is no problem with that as long as you can distinguish between reality and fantasy. All the colorfully, beautiful and mysterious methods in Chinese kung fu are [drum roll please] nothing more than conditioning. Sorry guys, sorry to dismiss the myth. Name:  20046817_10154609413326316_6562072821807369334_n.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  77.3 KB
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 07-17-2017 at 06:37 PM.