Thread: Monks in Enter the dragon

Monks in Enter the dragon

I wonder if someone knows who are the monks in the beginning fight of Enter the dragon from Bruce Lee? There are those dressed in red, black, yellow and blue. I guess the black ones are daoists, the yellow shaolin, the red buddhist and blue ones?

Thanks,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpyKKA2zD5I

They're the art director thinking just one color (orange) would be too boring.

I don't think there are any aspects of this movie that go for any historical accuracy at all.

Well, except for the tyranny of Han's Island where they make the heroin and enslave the people and have pretty body guards.
    I gave it a 3 / 5 on trip advisor myself...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Since it's supposedly "a Shaolin Temple" ("You have dishonored my family, and you have dishonored a Shaolin temple..."), there would be no Daoists. But since ETD is a mishmash of elements, there is no religious/cultural/historical accuracy to it. It's a Warner Bros (Hollywood)/Golden Harvest (Hong Kong) co-production, inspired by Dr. No, aimed primarily at an international Western audience. Han is supposedly a renegade Shaolin monk, yet all of the guards at his compound wear karate gi and throw sloppy karate punches.