Thread: Electro Acupuncture

Electro Acupuncture

I was wondering what everyone's stance on here is regarding the use of electro acupuncture? When I was younger and involved in collegiate sports I found it to be a lifesaver for the torn ligaments in my shoulders, and as I am getting older and the pain is coming back I am looking at doing it again, and since finishing my course when I was in Alberta last year I am looking at doing some of it myself. I have done treatment on myself before (one arm at a time, can take a while lol!) but not with electricity, so I am looking for a tez machine or en electro acupuncture machine to get started. Does anyone have some suggestions on good machines to look at, where to buy them or what a decent price is so that I don't get ripped off if I go to my local medical supply store. Thanks for all the tips in advance everyone, really looking forward to seeing everyone's opinions on here.

I actually got really lucky with this, there was a small convention for TCM practitioners in a near by town yesterday so I went to pick some brains a bit. After talking with a bunch of different acupuncturists, I was pointed towards someone who used to do medical training for professional athletes and we talked about electro acupuncture for over 2 hours. He had stopped doing it as he moved around too much, but told me about http://www.used.forsale/electroacupuncture which was where he sold his machine on. I looked at the link when I got home and found lots of people selling the machines I wanted around me for a great price, and hopefully soon I will have an update on to how well it worked. Cheers everyone.
    Last edited by KungFuBilly; 09-06-2017 at 08:06 PM.

I'll just chime in here to say if you are self-treating and not trained in acupuncture, you would be better off with a TENS unit, and using gel electrodes placed on the surface of the skin. That being said, avoid inexpensive electroacupuncture units 'cause they can be poorly made and deliver unexpected results (i.e. shock or pain) if not used carefully. Last I checked, OK is one of the last states that has not yet regulated the practice of acupuncture, so it is probably tough to find qualified practitioners in your area. ITO is my recommendation for an affordable, quality electroacupuncture unit.

cheers

herb ox