Hi Guys:
First the reason I'm posting this is there are way to many frauds out there theses days. So if i'm going to pay for Instruction I want Quality Instruction. I am in my 50's and have been diagnosed with type2 diabetes and was forced to retire because of diabetic peripheral Neuropathy. I refuse and I mean refuse to allow this to kill me. I had heard that studies show tai chi can help neuropathy. I thought to myself if I'm not going to let it kill me I might as well learn to defend myself as well say with a southern style like wing Chun or even Fujian White Crane. I began to search a 35 mile radius of my city of Denham Spring's, La.

I found 2 the first is was a, Master Yajun “Thomas” Zhuang, who has been teaching, competing in, and researching Chinese martial arts (Wushu) for more than 30 years. His career began at age eight when he was selected from thousands of children to attend the Jiangsu Wushu Institute. At 17, he continued his study of Wushu culture and philosophy at Nanjing University and eventually joined its faculty. I went to talk to him about Training in Tai Chi, Qigong and the Wing Chun Style which by the way he just added to his curriculum of shaolin Kung fu. When I asked who his teacher was he said I should not ask that since he went to the university and learned from professionals and he majored in Wushu. That rose a red flag to me, maybe i'm wrong if I am can someone explain this university stuff first time i ever heard of it?
http://www.taichiperson.com/index.html

The second is a mysterious one His name is Lou Illar of the White Crane Studios in Baton Rouge. This gentleman, if you read his web site has more accomplishment than I could even describe or list here but, the funny thing is no one has ever heard of him except locally. Seems to me with all his accomplishments nationally and internationally there would be someone who would acknowledge his great accomplishments but, for the life of me I can't find them. What set me off on this journey was when the wife and I went about a year ago to visit with him and when asked who was his teacher of his particular style? We my wife and I sat there and heard so many names it was hard to keep up in fact one I believe was his philosophy teacher in college. The end result was we left the White Crane Studio More confused than when we arrived.
http://www.whitecranestudio.com/index.htm

If anyone has any info on either of these men good or bad please share. Why am I doing this to protect people from frauds. Basically As Master Zhuang say's i'll let the professionals (YOU of Kung fu and Tai Chi magazine forum) decide. To tell you the truth I'm so frustrated with this going around in circles that I'm about to wash my hands of Martial Arts completely so please your my last hope.

Thanks and God Bless