So I went out shopping for a kung fu School to train and I found a interesting concept starting to take hold in the U.S.A. Sure I found few and I mean very few legit traditional studios such as a Wing Chun Studio 90 minutes away and a traditional Tai Chi Chuan 108 long form but , it’s what I found locally that is the heart of this topic.

I found a Tai Chi and Kung Fu Academy where the Sifu/Instructor had attended a Wushu Institute and University where he majored in Wushu. His career began at age eight when he was selected from thousands of children to attend the Jiangsu Wushu Institute. At 17, he continued his study of Wushu culture and philosophy at Nanjing University and eventually joined its faculty.

Wow ok, so help me here. With hundreds of different styles in Kung Fu alone, if I’m understanding this right, and please correct me if I’m wrong. So those students who attend this Jiangsu Wushu Institute is like say a grade school or high school in the U.S. if you will for Wushu. Not any particular style but a general knowledge or studies of many different styles of Kung Fu.

Then when you graduate there you go to college such as the (Nanjing University) and study a major interest such as Nanquan or Changquan and maybe a minor in Tai Chi Chaun. Basically picking the styles to study per semester till graduation. Where he will graduate with say a Bachelor of Arts degree in Wushu or a Wushu degree if you will. So the student decides to go on and really specialize in a specific system or style. I guess he would apply for graduate school for a particular system or style right?
So if I understand this correctly this is a way to combine all kung Fu styles into one system (hypothetically speaking). But what happens to the traditional way, the old Masters, and their secrets of a particular style or system of kung Fu. Where it takes a lifetime to master one system. Is it lost to time and progress and time? I can see where this progress in times could be the end of the romantic and traditional way of learning. I hope I’m wrong this is not the case for such styles such as Wing Chun, Fujian White Crane, Praying Mantis and other's. Even the temples of Shaolin had many different styles and systems but in the end if you were a monk you may have dabbled in many other styles but he specialized only in one for only one life is what he had. Also I must say that according to the academy’s web page Master Zhuang's went on to become part of the faculty at Nanjing University where He worked on the effects of Tai Chi exercise on patients with Peripheral Neuropathy and Parkinson's disease.

Thank you for your time and hope you all respond to this very interesting concept and topic. What’s your Thoughts?