Thread: The Punisher

The Punisher

Here's the DareDevil thread for reference (you can access all the Netflix Marvel stuff off that...or just search it as we've discussed them all on this subforum).
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hardcore Punisher.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Marvel's The Punisher | Official Trailer 2 [HD] | Netflix

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Season 2

I haven't watched Season 1 at all yet. Some friends have recommended it to me. Anyone here check it out yet?

The Punisher‏ Verified account
    @ThePunisher
    Follow Follow @ThePunisher
    More
    Time to reload. #ThePunisher Season 2 is coming.
    0:09700K views
    1:00 PM - 12 Dec 2017
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Season 2 details

‘Marvel’s The Punisher’: Josh Stewart, Floriana Lima & Giorgia Whigham Join Cast Of Netflix Series For Season 2
    by Nellie Andreeva and Denise Petski
    February 26, 2018 9:00am

THE PUNISHER
    Courtesy of Netflix

EXCLUSIVE: Josh Stewart (Shooter), Floriana Lima (Supergirl) and Giorgia Whigham (Scream) have been cast as new series regulars for the upcoming second season of Marvel’s The Punisher on Netflix.

Related'Black Panther': Hollywood Cannot Stop Praising The Groundbreaking Marvel Blockbuster
    The Punisher stars Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle, a former Marine who’s out to punish the criminals responsible for his family’s murder and finds himself ensnared in a military conspiracy.

Stewart will play John Pilgrim, a man whose calm exterior belies a ruthless interior. Despite having left behind a life of violence, circumstances will force him to use his old skills and bring him into Frank Castle’s world. Lima will portray Krista Dumont, a smart, compassionate and driven psychotherapist for military veterans. Whigham will play Amy Bendix, a street-smart grifter with a mysterious past.

“Josh, Floriana and Giorgia are all remarkable talents and we can’t wait for the audience to see what we have in store for them in the second season of Marvel’s The Punisher,” said Punisher executive producer Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television.

Added The Punisher executive producer/showrunner Steve Lightfoot, “We are incredibly excited to have Josh, Floriana and Giorgia joining the cast of Marvel’s The Punisher and seeing them bring their talents to the next chapter in the Frank Castle story.”

In addition to Bernthal, returning Punisher cast includes Ben Barnes as Billy Russo, Amber Rose Revah as Dinah Madani, and Jason R. Moore as Curtis Hoyle.

All 13 episodes of Season 1 of The Punisher are streaming on Netflix. A Season 2 premiere date has not been set.

Stewart was a series regular on USA’s Shooter and most recently appeared in feature Insidious: The Last Key. He is repped by UTA, Grandview and attorney David Krintzman.

Lima played the series regular role of Maggie Sawyer on Supergirl and recurs on Lethal Weapon. She is repped by Gersh and Industry Entertainment.

Whigham plays Beth on the upcoming rebooted third season of MTV’s Scream and will next be seen in feature Sierra Burgess is a Loser. She is repped by Paradigm and Principal Entertainment LA.

The Punisher is executive produced by Lightfoot along with Loeb and Jim Chory. The series is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.
    I still haven't watched this...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I haven't watched this yet either as I was off-line for a year and have been watching/binge exclusively all the Chinese movies and series that I had missed. I liked the original "Punisher" movie from years ago so I will watch the first season and relay my thoughts about the production.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 02-27-2018 at 03:16 PM.

OK,.... so I watched a few episodes of the Punisher. Acting was OK but script was rehash boring as if I were watching a rehash convention series. Also, certain scene/reminisce repetition in each episode was starting to be a bit much to sit through. Nothing unique here. I felt like I was being punished for watching any further.

Marvel’s The Punisher: Season 2 | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Holy sh** balls, that looks good. I really enjoy Jon Bernthal's portrayal of the Punisher.

Good call, but I wouldn't push it...

‘The Punisher’ EP Wants Daredevil & Kingpin For Season 3
    by NATHANIEL BRAIL on JANUARY 22, 2019
    Kingpin Vincent D'Onofrio Daredevil DC Lex Luthor The PunisherThe Punisher Executive Producer Steve Lightfoot would like to include Daredevil and Kingpin in a possible season 3 of the series.

The second season of Marvel’s The Punisher premiered on Netflix this past weekend and talks are already moving forward to the next season of the series. During season two, Frank Castle finally embraced his destiny as The Punisher and the future of the series looks very comic accurate. There may even be the inclusion of other Marvel characters like Daredevil and even the villainous Kingpin.

While talking with the executive producer of The Punisher, Steve Lightfoot, we discussed the possible inclusion of characters and actors from canceled Marvel & Netflix series in a potential third season.

“Yeah. All those guys are great. Obviously Daredevil and Punisher have a lot of history and story between them in the comic books. So it would be great to dig into some of that. Also villains like the Kingpin who was featured in quite a lot of the Punisher books as well. So it would be fantastic to get some of those guys back into the show if we can make it work.”
    What do you think about Lightfoot’s comments? Would you want the third season of The Punisher to include the likes of Daredevil and Kingpin? Sound off in the comments section below!

Marvel’s The Punisher stars Jon Bernthal, Ben Barnes, Amber Rose Revah, Jason R. Moore, Josh Stewart, Floriana Lima, Giorgia Whigham, Corbin Bernsen, Annette O’Toole and Deborah Ann Woll. Here’s the synopsis for season two:

Former marine-turned-vigilante Frank Castle (Jon Bernthal) has been living a quiet life on the road until he suddenly becomes embroiled in the attempted murder of a young girl (Giorgia Whigham). As he is drawn into the mystery surrounding her and those in pursuit of the information she holds, Castle attracts a new target on his back as new and old enemies force him to confront whether he should accept his destiny and embrace a life as “The Punisher.
    Marvel’s The Punisher season two is on Netflix now.
    THREADS
    The Punisher
    DareDevil
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

cancelled

‘The Punisher’ & ‘Jessica Jones’ Canceled By Netflix; Latter’s 3rd Season Still To Air
    by Dominic Patten
    February 18, 2019 8:26am

JEPH LOEB
    Marvel

(UPDATED with Marvel Statement) EXCLUSIVE: Exactly a month after the launch of its second season on Netflix, Marvel’s The Punisher has had to bite the bullet as has Jessica Jones.

As the only two series from the TV arm of the comic giant still left on the streamer, there will be no Season 3 of the Jon Bernthal led vigilante series, I’ve learned. The completed third season of the Krysten Ritter starring Jessica Jones will still appear on the streamer but will be put on ice for good after that.

This marks the end of the multi-series, big bucks and big ambitions relationship between Marvel and Netflix that started in 2013 with the announcement of four series and a The Defenders limited series.

“Marvel’s The Punisher will not return for a third season on Netflix,” Netflix confirmed today to Deadline. “Showrunner Steve Lightfoot, the terrific crew, and exceptional cast including star Jon Bernthal, delivered an acclaimed and compelling series for fans, and we are proud to showcase their work on Netflix for years to come,” the streamer added.

“In addition, in reviewing our Marvel programming, we have decided that the upcoming third season will also be the final season for Marvel’s Jessica Jones,” Netflix also made official this President’s Day. “We are grateful to showrunner Melissa Rosenberg, star Krysten Ritter and the entire cast and crew, for three incredible seasons of this groundbreaking series, which was recognized by the Peabody Awards among many others”.

“We are grateful to Marvel for five years of our fruitful partnership and thank the passionate fans who have followed these series from the beginning.”

The Jeph Loeb-led Marvel TV issued their own words of celebration and farewell after Deadline exclusively broke the news of the duel cancelation – with a kicker shout out to Daredevil, the first of the Marvel series to air on Netflix on April 10, 2015.

It had never been done before. Four separate television series, each with different super-talented showrunners, writers, directors, cast and crew, coming out months apart and then …they would meet in a single event series all set in the heart of New York City. We called them The Defenders.

And together we were thrilled by stories of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and even the Punisher joined in! They said it couldn’t be done.But Marvel assembled amazing teams to write, produce, direct, edit, and score 13 seasons and 161 one-hour episodes. Take a moment and go online and look at the dazzling list of actors, writers, directors, and musicians who graced us with the very best of their craft.

We loved each and every minute of it.

And we did it all for you — the fans — who cheered for us around the world and made all the hard work worth it.

On behalf of everyone at Marvel Television, we couldn’t be more proud or more grateful to our audience. Our Network partner may have decided they no longer want to continue telling the tales of these great characters… but you know Marvel better than that,” the company added.

As Matthew Murdock’s Dad once said, ‘The measure of a man is not how he gets knocked to the mat, it’s how he gets back up. To be continued…!

Though the decision not to bring Punisher back for more has been rumored for weeks, Netflix and Marvel waited until after the January 18 debuting 13-episode Season 2 had been on the streamer for several weeks before making the cancellation official. The end of Jones comes as more of a shocker – though I hear the end of the upcoming third and final season will serve as a savory series finale.

The news of the end of Punisher and Jessica Jones follows the revelation that Walking Dead alum Bernthal is set to join New Line’s The Sopranos prequel feature, which currently has the working title of The Many Saints of Newark. In part it was because of new roles and new work like The Sopranos pic, the streamer didn’t want to have the creators and cast for either show hanging on waiting for renewals that clearly weren’t in the cards

Bernthal took to social media this morning to offer a cryptic farewell of sorts:

jonnybernthal
    Verified

212,609 others
    jonnybernthal
    To all who have served. All who know loss. All who love and understand Frank and his pain. It has been an honor to walk in his boots. I’m endlessly grateful to the comic fans and the men and women of the Armed Services and law enforcement community who Frank means so much to. Thank you to the USMC and all the wonderful soldiers who trained me. Go Hard. Be safe.
    After Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Daredevil were all given the chop late last year by the streamer, the unplugging of further seasons of the blood and bullet strewn Frank Castle saga should really come as no surprise. With new and old Marvel content a big component of the upcoming Disney+ streaming service, the final stage of the disentangling of the once burgeoning relationship between the House of Mouse and Netflix has now become more a matter of when and how not if.

Additionally, the Loeb-run Marvel TV inked a four-series and one special deal with the soon-to-be Disney dominated Hulu on February 11 that will surely become the new focus of the comic giant’s small screen division.

As a part of the Marvel and Netflix collaboration that came together six years ago, Jessica Jones the TV series was the second series in the arrangement to launch on the streamer after Daredevil.

Starring Breaking Bad alum Ritter in the title role of the emotionally shattered and hard living super powered P.I., Jones Season 1 debuted on November 15, 2015, with the second season launching on March 8, 2018. A third run of the critically acclaimed show about the Defenders member was ordered by Netflix back on April 12 last year

First introduced in the Netflix universe with the March 18, 2016 launching second season of Daredevil, the Punisher is a ruthless and mercilessly fatal hunter of criminals who has long challenged, to be polite, the Marvel moral code since he appeared in the comics in early 1974.

After WME repped Bernthal was announced in 2015 for the role in the Man Without Fear series, the character was given his own spinoff show. in 2016. Season 1 of The Punisher debuted on November 2017. Though a New York Comic Con panel for the firearms filled show was wiped off the schedule after the tragic mass shooting in Las Vegas on October 2, 2017, a second season pickup was made public just weeks later.

Now, despite the last upcoming run of the final season of Jessica Jones later this year, the Marvel days at Netflix are deader than someone who rubbed Frank Castle the wrong way – and that’s dead.
    THREADS
    http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...3-The-Punisher
    Jessica Jones
    Disney+
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips