Thread: Jackie Chan is one of the Greatest.

Jackie Chan is one of the Greatest.

I have to post this

Jackie has been at this since 6 years old, and after hearing how he had to prepare to get where he is now.
    Everything has Rhyme and Reason. I wont tear down a guy like Jackie based on news from the media, because they uphold a lot of garbage all the time while trying to tear down good stand up men. thats all Ill say about that.
    Jackie Chan was a childhood favorite for most of us, and for some in adulthood depending on your age. just think about it interms of kung fu cinema, snake in eagles shadow, drunken master, armour of god (which is a film he wrote and directed, which the style of that film sort of became its own genre within kung fu cinema) .....
    whats your favorite Jackie Chain movie?

Amituofo
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator

I agree that Jackie has had an amazing career. His Sihing/senior classmate, Sammo Hung, is the same. Both of them started appearing in movies as child actors since the early 1960s. Their first movie appearances were before I was even born, and I'm 56.

There is no martial arts or action stars who will equal the longevity and versatility of their careers. As good as Tony Jaa and Iko Uwais may be, their film careers will never even come close Jackie's (or Sammo's). By the time Jackie and Sammo were the same ages as Tony and Iko are now, they already had countless films behind them and were actually past their primes. Tony Jaa took years away from films when he was at his physical peak, something that Jackie or Sammo never did nor would have done. Once you're past your peak, you cannot go back and recover those years. But I'm rambling now...

As far as Jackie's films go, some of my top favorites are probably not the same as other people's. Mine are (in no particular order):

Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin

Fearless Hyena

Shaolin Wooden Men

Wheels on Meals

Drunken Master 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I agree that Jackie has had an amazing career. His Sihing/senior classmate, Sammo Hung, is the same. Both of them started appearing in movies as child actors since the early 1960s. Their first movie appearances were before I was even born, and I'm 56.

There is no martial arts or action stars who will equal the longevity and versatility of their careers. As good as Tony Jaa and Iko Uwais may be, their film careers will never even come close Jackie's (or Sammo's). By the time Jackie and Sammo were the same ages as Tony and Iko are now, they already had countless films behind them and were actually past their primes. Tony Jaa took years away from films when he was at his physical peak, something that Jackie or Sammo never did nor would have done. Once you're past your peak, you cannot go back and recover those years. But I'm rambling now...

As far as Jackie's films go, some of my top favorites are probably not the same as other people's. Mine are (in no particular order):

Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin

Fearless Hyena

Shaolin Wooden Men

Wheels on Meals

Drunken Master 2.
    nice, lol .....in perspectvie of time, I have to say Shaolin Wooden Men is my all time favorite , one of those old flicks that saved my life back in my struggling to keep training years. funny how certain flicks are super inspirational.
    for a modern movie, I say, Kung Fu Yoga lol, just because.

Amituofo
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator