Thread: 13 Hammers of Shaolin, INSTRUCTIONAL video

13 Hammers of Shaolin, INSTRUCTIONAL video

Hello Everyone,

I have released a full instructional video of the form 'Shi san chui' 13 Hammers. It can be bought here at Vimeo;

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/13hammers

It is 2 hours long, 1 hour explaining the movement and the second hour explaining the application. Its a beginner form. I learned this from my Shifu Master Cui Zhongwu and his father, my Shiye, Cui Xiqi.

Master Cui Xiqi said that this is the form they would use as a warm up when he was young. Its the first form of our system.

We are in the process of filming other full instructional videos so keep checking the Jiang-Hu page.

If you do purchase the video and need any help don't hesitate to contact me by private message.

-- Josh
    問「武」。曰:「克。」未達。曰:「勝己之私之謂克。」

Hey guys!

We have received a lot of positive feedback for our first tutorial, and are planning the release of more... both Shaolin and Mantis!

You can keep up-to-date by following our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jianghuvideo/

Cheers

Speaking of positive feedback... I've bought it and I'm amazed by how packed the video is with information and how well taught and explained it is. If anyone is considering getting it, I'd say don't hesitate. It's a record of a decade of experience in the village schools around the Shaolin area. And the entire video is as good as or better (production-wise and content-wise) than the parts you can see in the trailer. Several times I stopped and thought to myself, this one section alone was worth the price. Kudos!
    Last edited by rett2; 10-26-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Thanks for your support Rett!

If you have any questions on it, or any ideas as to how we might improve our later videos please message me.

I'm about halfway through this now. Really well done. This is a great resource.
    I wish you much success with this endeavor and look forward to future productions.
    Gong xi fa cai.

Cheers Dan!

Glad you like it. Editing the next one, Da Tongbei, right now. 13 Chui is the Shaolin Tongbei sub-style so it is particularly compatible with other Shaolin forms like DaTongBei, DaLiuHe, Meihua Ditang, Nanyuan Tongbei.

Let me know if there is anything you think I could add to the next ones to make them clearer.

Josh

Just wanted to drop a note saying this is one of (very) few video tutorials of traditional gongfu I can recommend. I would feel kind of silly learning a form from a video, but the application section is very, very insightful and can be applied to lots of other Songshan Shaolin material.

When I moved back to the US from China over 5 years ago, anytime I ran into an instructor who taught Shaolin forms, I found their understanding to be very, very shallow. Josh is really doing a fantastic service by raising the bar for propagating gongfu as a fighting art.

If you train in Songshan Shaolin and find your understanding lacking, I recommend getting this tutorial on top of watching all of Josh's tutorial videos on youtube.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior