Here’s Steven Seagal putting his hand on 16-year-old Katherine Heigl’s breast
In News by Drew Salisbury / October 24, 2017

There’s no shortage of creeps in Hollywood, as the last few weeks have made abundantly clear (if you weren’t already well aware, that is). While trying to crown the worst abuser in Tinseltown would be an endeavor akin to identifying the smelliest turd floating around in a Porta John, audio recordings uncovered Monday by the Daily Mail (and years of documented gross behavior) make a strong case for samurai-cum-******* Steven Seagal.

While it has circulated for some time and was even pointed out in an April 2017 episode of “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”, a reader brought our attention to the above photo of Seagal with a then-barely 16-year-old Katherine Heigl promoting “Under Siege 2.”

Heigl turned 16 while filming the movie, which was also her big-screen debut. Here’s how she described the 43-year-old Seagal’s behavior on the set to Kimmel (emphasis ours):
The last day of shooting, and again, I had just turned 16 on this movie. And he said, ‘You know Katie, I got girlfriends your age.’ And I said, ‘Isn’t that illegal?’ And he said, ‘They don’t seem to mind.’ And I said, ‘Mom!’ I’m not making that up.
While Heigl seemed to laugh off the incident years later (or perhaps more accurately, as she tellingly put it, “block it out”), it’s wild to think that this was (and continues to be!) considered acceptable behavior. Seagal was photographed putting his hand a teenage girl’s breast in 1995, and I can guarantee you not a single word was probably written about it. Even just months ago, Kimmel was mining it for laughs. That’s pretty ****ed up!

Heigl told Kimmel despite everything she still “loved” Seagal — a performance worthy of an Emmy if I ever saw one, and very possibly driven by anxiety about hurting her career. It wouldn’t be the first time talking about sexism and misogyny in the industry got her branded as “difficult.”

[screenshot: Jimmy Kimmel Live!]

Seagal & Hollywood's Open Secret