Thread: #metoo (An Open Secret: Hollywood - Please Watch)

Threaded View

Thanks for contributing, Matt. I very much agree.

And Gene, I am now seeing that the whole sexual harassment/rape/molestation thing IS worse in politics than anywhere else. Where else can someone (Moore) be a serial sexual harasser and/or pedophile and have a majority/extremely high percentage of colleagues (in the same political party) and constituents still fully supporting him? "He says he didn't do it, so I believe him." Of course. What else is he going to say? "I did do it, but you should still vote for me."

Nowadays, people put the blinders on, as long as the accused is 'their man' or in their political party. Let it be anyone else, and it's "Let 'em burn in hell!"

And there have been sexual assault accusations against Trump since long before he ever became a presidential candidate. But while Teflon Don is always quick to point the finger at others who are accused, he himself always gets a pass. It's gotten to the point of absurdity, and would actually be funny if it weren't so real. Trump now says that wasn't his voice on the tape with Billy Bush, even though he already admitted it was him last year. And his hard-core supporters believe him regardless. One thing Trump said IS true: Trump could walk up to some random person in New York City and shoot him openly in plain sight, and his supporters would still love him. Now change that scenario to him sexually assaulting any woman.

At least Hollywood is taking this seriously and serious actions are starting to be taken. Even though I believe it comes from a monetary motive instead of a moral/ethical one. Hollywood is the epitome of artificial self-righteousness.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 12-06-2017 at 10:53 AM.