Thread: Instagram

Instagram

I am not sure what forum to post this, so if this is the wrong place mods please move it.

Now to the post on my instagram I follow many BJJ accounts, and they all show new techniques, drills, or sparring(rolls) etc. I also follow some Kyokushin accounts, and they show lots of sparring, and some kata.

Now when I look for Kung Fu accounts its always just pics or chi sao. Can someone point me to accounts that have hard training or sparring?

I train mainly BJJ nowadays, but have spent time in Kyokushin, Choy Li Fut, Hung Ga & Wing Chun, and would like to would like to follow some Kung Fu accounts.

Try to use https://hashtagpirate.com/news/ig-ho...w-ig-followers, it is an app for gaining followers, but it also can parse accounts based on hashtag or location. That is basically a unique and powerful tool for almost any IG user nowadays. I think it might help you in this case

We're on instagram now

Kung Fu Tai Chi's instagram is here: www.instagram.com/kungfutaichimagazine. I confess that it is mostly redundant to what is posted in our forum announcements, but please follow us and help support all that we do here. The more followers we get, the more resources we can provide to you.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thumbs down

I think you'll get more information from reading books than watching Instagram videos. The true masters wrote their experience in a book, back then they didn't have internet.

Some information you could get from following the mix of martial fighters. They combine different cultures in their training and fighting. One of them is Georges St-Pierre and he has an Instagram account.

I use to watch fight videos on Youtube, starting from street fights, training, equipment, and ending with UFC fight nights. There is a lot to watch and the art of fighting never gets old, there are always new tricks, new ways, new fighters, new competitions, there's always something new so the fight fans never get bored. But we love violence, that's why we love this subject, we love seeing someone getting beaten. What I wanted to get to is the fake fighters, that don't really know to fight but give advice and train others via the internet. They do it for the fame and most of their followers are fake just as they are and come from service like ig auto like. What disturbs me the most is that the novices step into the fighting world guided by their fake internet master.

Reading is good

Quote Originally Posted by Demixl View Post
    I think you'll get more information from reading books than watching Instagram videos. The true masters wrote their experience in a book, back then they didn't have internet.
    And magazines. Don't forget to read magazines! Subscribe now and help us keep this forum going.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I have been training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for the past few years and have found that Tik Tok accounts have been a great source of information. I have learned some great techniques and tips from these accounts which have helped me improve my sparring and grappling skills. I especially like the tips related to submissions and escapes, as they have allowed me to become a more effective competitor. I highly recommend investigating the BJJ TikTok accounts for any BJJ enthusiast looking for additional insight. And if you are a trainer you can grow your TikTok account with SocCeleb and share your techniques.
    Last edited by heavens000; 12-15-2022 at 07:54 AM.