Thread: New Cus D`amato Book in Public Domain

New Cus D`amato Book in Public Domain

Last edited by diego; 11-26-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Online marathon dedicated to the memory of Cus D'Amato[edit]
    From October 26, 2017 till November 4, 2017 there was held an international project "Science of Victory" in the form of an online marathon dedicated to the memory of Cus D'Amato. Speakers from Russia, Ukraine, Italy, Spain, Germany and the US took part in this project. Among the speakers there were prominent personalities from the world of professional and amateur boxing, ranging from journalists of leading boxing editions to boxing champions, as well as boxing champion Silvio Branco, world champion and Olympic boxing champion Patrizio Oliva, Dr. Antonio Graceffo (Ph.D., Shanghai University of Sports), founder of the KAPAP system Avi Nardia, columnist for the Wall Street Journal Gordon Marino and many others.[12]

All of them shared their thoughts about the phenomenon of D'Amato and his to this date unique result which is three world champions. The reason for the marathon was the book "Non-compromised pendulum" about the style of Cus D'Amato by one of the students of Cus Tom Patti and Ph.D. Oleg Maltsev.[13][14][15]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cus_D%27Amato

Last edited by diego; 11-26-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Good video, nice demonstration. Looks like the "Pa Kua" of western boxing.
    Buy the best and cry once!

Quote Originally Posted by robertdreeben View Post
    Good video, nice demonstration. Looks like the "Pa Kua" of western boxing.
    lol I was thinking the Peek a boo guard reminds me of Lung Ying hunched over hammer fist like rear hand pull wrist lead hand smash elbow and the Tyson Slips reminds me of Hop Gar angling rotating stance.

It's too bad no one shows how to use boxing bare knuckle, the Tyson combo punching looks good but the momentum of the Hooks and Uppercuts would do damage to your hands without gloves on. I punch three times harder doing the Tyson slip before uppercut which could be trouble on the street like I want to hit hard but not screw up my hands so I can't keep striking.

Bak Mei prefers to use palms instead of fists and Martial Arts was banned in China in the 1960's, I wonder what kind of Western Boxing was popular in Asia when Chueng Lai Chuan, Yip Man etc were teaching in Hong Kong after the war...if Kung Fu didn't go underground I wonder if they would have applied the boxing guards to their techniques.

The Kajukenbo Hop Gar combination style I learned part of tries to throw 3-5 moves like sport combo's and all the defense drills are against kickboxing attacks or against weapons.

Oh ya supposedly this Non-Compromised Pendulum book is the first in a series of books another one will be out in January about Cus' early life.
    Last edited by diego; 11-27-2017 at 11:51 PM.