Thread: An old Bey Logan interview with Chan Wai Man

An old Bey Logan interview with Chan Wai Man

Proper hard man:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/...nwaimanbio.htm

For those that haven't seen his fights check them out, there's at least a couple on youtube. Very talented and dangerous fighter.

BT

NO offence, but Chan Wai Man was what Bruce Lee should have been career wise. lol

I mean, he (CWM) was an actual fighter! lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Talk about button pushing eh? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    NO offence, but Chan Wai Man was what Bruce Lee should have been career wise. lol

I mean, he (CWM) was an actual fighter! lol
    Definitely.

Nice read, thanks for sharing.

I also found this one interesting too:

http://www.kungfucinema.com/bad-to-t...-wai-man-10014
    Supporter: The Australasian Martial Arts & Self Defence Forums - http://www.OzMAForums.com

Bad dude for sure.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Bey Logan

Crap. I've known Bey for over a quarter century. We've done some business and corresponded for years. I've never met him face to face. Anyone in the business of HK film knows Bey. He's been an important figure there for years. I really hope these accusations aren't true.

Harvey Weinstein’s Hong Kong Associate Accused of Sexual Misconduct by Multiple Women (Report)
    4:48 PM PST 12/12/2017 by THR Staff

Chung Sung-Jun/Getty Images
    Bey Logan

Bey Logan, who worked as Asia vp at The Weinstein Co. from 2005 to 2009, has been accused by seven women of sexually inappropriate behavior according to a local investigative news report.
    Bey Logan, a former Hong Kong-based Weinstein Co. vp and close associate of Harvey Weinstein, has been accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women.

In an exposé from Hong Kong investigative news site HK01 published on Wednesday morning local time, seven women accuse Logan of sexually inappropriate behavior. The Logan report is part of a three-part investigation by writer Selina Cheng on sexual harassment in the Hong Kong entertainment industry.

A British-born martial-arts enthusiast, Logan moved to Asia in the 1990s in the hopes of breaking into the Hong Kong film industry. Logan worked on a number of local films in the 2000s, before working for TWC from 2005 to 2009 as Asia vp. Since 2009, Logan has worked sporadically with Weinstein, co-producing 2016's Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Sword of Destiny, and has often accompanied the producer on his visits to Hong Kong, Beijing and other Asian cities.

Among the seven women making allegations against Logan is Indonesian-Chinese former actress Sable Yu, who starred in the unfinished Logan-helmed film Snowblade.

In 2011, Yu was the lead actress in Snowblade, a genre film involving "martial arts, violence, and nudity," according to Logan's own description in a written statement sent to HK01. Yu tells HK01 in an on-camera interview that Logan made her strip to her underwear on a daily basis so that he could inspect her body "for whether or not she had gained weight," apparently due to the amount of nudity the film required.

On another occasion, Yu tells of a time Logan tweaked her nipple in front of the whole crew, an act that made her "livid." "This is very degrading to a woman," Yu says of the incident. "I felt that somebody literally threw **** in my face."

Yu tells HK01 that Logan, whose wife is a lawyer, habitually threatened her with legal action when she tried to quit the film due to the psychological pressure.

Logan apparently also exposed himself and more to Yu, she says. Yu recounts that once when the two of them were in an office alone, Logan told her that he was having an erection, and asked her, "Do you want to see my big dick?" After she declined, he proceeded to take out his ***** and grabbed her hand to touch it. "Do you want it?" he asked again, to which she also refused. Yu told HK01 that because she thought at the time it did not count as a serious violation of her body, she did not resist more vigorously.

Hong Kong-based writer and producer Joe Fiorello corroborates to HK01 that Yu told him at the time about her concerns about the amount of nudity in Snowblade, as well as the nipple-tweaking and exposure incidents.

Yu also told HK01 that she was traumatized by the Snowblade experience and that she's still seeking help from both a psychologist and a psychiatrist to this day.

Yu was not alone. The HK01 report includes six other women who reveal their encounters with Logan that veered toward either the sexually inappropriate or direct harassment. One of them, an Australian-Chinese actress based in Beijing who chose to remain anonymous, said she worked as Logan's interpreter on the set of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Sword of Destiny in the Chinese capital in 2015. After a 20-hour day working on the Great Wall of China, Logan offered up his hotel room to the actress for a short rest, as she was not allocated one due to her Beijing residence.

The actress recalls being woken up by Logan's presence in the bed. He then kissed her, tried to take off her clothes and put his head between her legs. She pushed him away and stopped him. "He wanted to perform oral sex on me, and took off my underwear," she tells HK01. "I said, 'no, don't do that.'" She said she felt his erection, and he told her, "I need something." The actress says she immediately left the hotel after saying no to Logan.

Another woman, who also wished to keep her identity private, and who also experienced an "unpleasant" meeting with Harvey Weinstein, tells of the time when she and Logan were on location in Foshan, China. The women tells HK01 that Logan forcibly kissed her and pinned her down on the bed in her hotel room. She eventually escaped by answering a phone call.

After the main investor of Logan's Snowblade pulled out in 2011, the project was halted and left unfinished. However, from 2012 until early 2017, Logan continued to host casting sessions for the female lead of the film. Allegedly, according to five women who attended the casting sessions and who spoke with HK01, he would often ask them to be half or fully nude.

When pressed about these allegations, Logan said in a telephone interview with HK01, "I definitely never forced myself on anybody, never had to force myself on anybody."

He added: "The complaints that you have… is the things that I tried to do, rather than anything that actually happened."

In the same telephone interview, Logan described Yu as "crazy" and that he had "too many girlfriends." "I had consensual relationships with girls who perhaps fell in love with me and, you know, I wasn't being serious, that kind of thing, which I think is quite common," he said.

"That is something in my own heart I have to atone for," he added.

In a later written statement to HK01, Logan wrote: "I regret that any actions I might have taken could have caused distress to anyone. I was insensitive because my position and the industry's culture had allowed me to consider my behavior then acceptable."

Logan also wrote that "most of the accusations now made and elicited in this article are either untrue or taken out of context... I categorically deny any criminal wrongdoing," he wrote.

"I will now step back and take time to reflect on my behaviour and the values which I should uphold," he added.
    Thread: An Open Secret: Hollywood - Please Watch
    Thread: An old Bey Logan interview with Chan Wai Man (copying this here because it's the only thread with Bey's name in the title, but I'll update on the Open Secret thread).
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart