Thread: Peaceful Kung Fu Master - Inspiring Story....

Peaceful Kung Fu Master - Inspiring Story....

This story is quite inspiring and it concerns a Swedish/Swiss Kung Fu Master who shares his wisdom about Kung Fu, life and cultivation in Falun Dafa. He has practiced under Taky Kimura in the US, the top student of Bruce Lee.

For the full story please go to this website: http://www.noblewisdom.org/2017/12/0...rom-the-north/
    Part 2: http://www.noblewisdom.org/2017/12/0...-north-part-2/
    There is a nice video with martial arts practice:

Richard Kleinert – The Peaceful Warrior From The North (part 1)

Richard practicing his sword skills

Noble Wisdom has decided to create a series of portraits of non-Chinese Falun Dafa practitioners. This is done with several purposes, one of which is to inspire people familiar or not familiar with Falun Dafa, and show them different perspectives and life paths that are all inside the great cultivation way of Falun Dafa. Another purpose is to show people some examples of the ideas and lifestyles of these practitioners.

In our first article we present a veteran practitioner from Sweden who lives in Switzerland since 27 years, the 47 year old Richard Kleinert. I had the pleasure to discuss matters of life and cultivation with the humble and positive Kung Fu Master living in Zurich. Time flied during our talk and I can honestly say that I am honored to be a friend of Richard. In my opinion his humility, positive attitude and simplicity is the foundation of his wisdom and his deep seated powers.

Background
    Richardīs father is Swiss, and his mother is Swedish, and he grew up in a small Swedish city near the Norwegian border in a family of seven. In his family almost, everyone practiced martial arts from an early age, but Richard had a particularly strong interest and he practiced martial arts with great intensity and passion. Richard has practiced western boxing, Wing Chun, Kali Escrima, Shaolin Kung Fu and Tai Chi Quan among many other systems of the Buddhist and Daoist systems from both China and Japan.

Richard Learned Kung Fu From Taky Kimura

Taky Kimura and Bruce Lee around 1962

After Richard had finished his studies in alternative medicine and natural sciences in 1990 he moved to Zurich, Switzerland, the homeland of his father. In 1994 he travelled to the US and practiced martial arts under the guidance of the great Master Taky Kimura, one of the very close friends, co-actors and the top student of legend Bruce Lee.

Richard explains: The time with Taky Kimura in Seattle was relatively short, but no less instructive. I felt that the principles of simplicity, spontaneity and naturalness of Jeet Kune Do had come to my heart.

Although the JKD principle was the guiding principle of my martial arts, I did not want to use the name of Bruce Lee’s “Jeet Kune Do” and his reputation for my new school.

Bruce Lee taught that one should believe in oneself and one’s uniqueness and not imitate others like a parrot. Some people have really learned Bruce Lee’s techniques and movements very well. Even so, no matter how good they are, they cannot be Bruce Lee. There will always be only one Bruce Lee. It really isnīt about becoming the same as Bruce Lee or anyone else. It’s about being yourself and appreciating yourself. This is our most important life task. Striving to be different from what we already are deprives us of our own self-worth and inner peace.

Our value canīt be measured by our abilities and actions. Every single life is absolutely unique and immeasurably valuable.

To fully express the uniqueness and value of each person, there was no more appropriate name than “Zī Rǎn” and thus the “Zī Rǎn Wu Yi Kung Fu School” was born.

Richard Founds His Own Kung Fu School

Richard and his students on training camp in Sweden 2015

Inspired by the high philosophical values, the inner strength and the richness of Chinese martial arts, Richard founded the Zī Rǎn Wu Yi Kung Fu School in Zurich in 1998 to provide access to the ancient treasures and wisdom of this timeless tradition of martial arts. Richard teaches his deep insights about Kung Fu and at the same time introduces his students to the wondrous cultivation practice of Falun Dafa. The term Zī Rǎn is not directly to be understood as a fighting style, it is rather the guiding principle and key principle for this way of martial arts. In Chinese, Zė Rán literally means self or natural (Rán) self (Zė). It signifies the primordial nature of all things, equal to spiritual clarity – the foundation of everything we do. Wu yi comes from the northern Song dynasty term of martial arts.

Implemented in martial arts, Zė Rán means synchronization and harmony of learned techniques and natural, spontaneous instinct. Zė Rán Wǔ Yė Kūng Fū is the subtle art of uniting the essence of the mind with the technique in which it comes to fruition.

Martial arts is a special art because its nature is such that it directly faces joy, suffering, life and death as Richard explains. If a Kung Fu practitioner can renounce his selfishness and let go of the idea of life and death, then he can enter the present where the true reality is. It is a glorious and liberated state of being. The martial arts concerns the self-education and self-exploration. This concerns a very profound topic – your own self-realization. This makes martial arts a science and an art of living. Also, each person is unique and therefore each student must find his natural style of Kung Fu in order to reach his full potential and therefore the teachings must leave enough room for each personīs unique characteristics to be expressed.

There are three levels in Richardīs Kung Fu. The first one is to learn how to protect yourself. The intermediate level includes both protecting yourself and others. The high level requires how to protect yourself and others while protecting the wellbeing of your opponent. Richard has enlightened that if we can let go of the resistance in ourselves (which is mostly caused by fear) we can pacify others and we will automatically move our body in the most natural and effective way to avoid injury both in ourselves and in our opponent.

Richard Starts Cultivation In Falun Dafa

The Falun symbol includes the spinning swastika from the
    Buddha school and the spinning tai chi from the Dao school.

A life changing event for Richard occurred in 1997 when he learned about a new spiritual cultivation way called Falun Dafa. Falun Dafa is based on improving oneīs own character while trying to always follow the characteristics of “Truth-Compassion-Tolerance” in daily life. Richard had always been looking for “the way” and he had met with different masters around the world, i.e. in India. Those masters had always seen great spiritual potential in Richard. After Richard found Falun Dafa, which comes from China, he started to cultivate Falun Dafa right away and today he has practiced it for 20 years and he has greatly improved his own character and compassion for others. In his family of seven people, five people are practicing Falun Dafa today. Richard also has a practicing wife and a son who is practicing Kung Fu with Richard.

After Richard started to practice Falun Gong he decided to stop practicing Kung Fu for a time. Another event made him realize that Kung Fu people have great predestination for cultivation. Once the Chinese Shaolin monks came to visit Switzerland to present a martial art Kung Fu show and Richard was there to pass out flyers to the audience about Falun Dafa. He discovered that 95% of the people coming to see the Shaolin monks, wanted to learn more about Falun Dafa. Richard had a sudden enlightenment that he could use his Kung Fu knowledge to meet other martial arts practitioners with great interest in practicing cultivation.

Another great event for Richard was when Master Li Hongzhi visited Switzerland in 1998 where he held an experience sharing conference for local practitioners. Richard was chosen to be Master Liīs bodyguard and he felt that it was a great honor for him.

Richard is to the top right in the painting. Ⓒ “Art of Zhen Shan Ren.”

After the persecution of Falun Gong started in 1999 Richard travelled to China in 2001 to protest against the Chinese Communist Partyīs(CCP) evil persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners in China. There was a group of around 30 western practitioners who went to Tiananmen Square with a big banner to show their support for Falun Dafa. After the police came Richard used his supernormal power to make himself heavy as a mountain and unmovable. Six police officers couldnīt move him from the square and only after they started talking to him in a friendly way did he let go of his concentration so that they could lift him to the police van.

In the police station Richard had a vision where he saw the great red dragon symbolizing the CCP disintegrate. He could see that the dragon was majestic and beautiful at a distance but at a closer look it was both seductive and evil. At the police station the practitioners were denied going to the bathroom and after a long time Richard felt his inner anger coming to the surface. At the same moment that he decided to deal with the guards physically they let him go to the bathroom and became very nice.
    Last edited by Return; 12-15-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Uh cool story and all

but who endorses catching a round kick below the knee at the apex of it's swing? I like my arm bones to remain intact.

Superhuman power...heavy as mountain and unmovable..6 police officers after not moving him started talking to him in friendly way. In real life...6 police officers crush his head in and drag him to van...Falun Dafa...not good...

Quote Originally Posted by mengfei View Post
    Superhuman power...heavy as mountain and unmovable..6 police officers after not moving him started talking to him in friendly way. In real life...6 police officers crush his head in and drag him to van...Falun Dafa...not good...
    It seems that you imply that he lies about what happened and that would make his practice of Zhen-Shan-Ren (Truth-Compassion-Tolerance) fake too, wouldnīt it? For some people itīs very hard to imagine that supernormal powers exist and that some people possess them and itīs even harder to imagine that some people are honest in todayīs society. Falun Dafa recommends people to be honest, kindhearted and tolerant and I donīt think many people would say that those characteristics are bad in themselves. Itīs just that a few people donīt believe in those characteristics anymore and hence those few people black Falun Dafa too. Many more, especially Chinese, have misunderstandings because of the chinese communist propaganda against Falun Dafa but most people didnīt check it out carefully or try it by themselves and they trusted the chinese media reports.

In fact, the vast majority of those who try the Falun Dafa exercises will have a pleasant experience and thatīs why 100 million people started doing it in 7 years before the propaganda against it started.

Of course this is about Kung Fu and I believe that the article shows another interesting aspect that Bruce Lee talked about in his days. The issue about expressing oneself honestly in Kung Fu. This is the goal of all high level Masters I believe. In order to follow wu wei one must be honest and thatīs when you can pacify your opponent while maintaining his well being. Your fear is gone because you are 100% honest and there is nothing fake that you try to cover up.

Just my two cents on these matters.
    Last edited by Return; 12-15-2017 at 01:15 PM.

I have read his masters book...two of many problems are...the aliens and how children of mixed blood of two different races are less human. Are you Falun? Do you dare deny this?

I have read his masters book...two of many problems are...the aliens and how children of mixed blood of two different races are less human. Are you Falun? Do you dare deny this?
    My two cents below and no absolute or official truth since everyoneīs understanding and level is different.

What about aliens? There are countless pictures of them and stories from credible witnesses all over the world. But thatīs just a belief (just like all faiths have different beliefs) and nothing else and it has nothing to do with the main focus which is cultivation of Falun Dafa in line with Truth-Compassion-Tolerance. Cultivation and raising level means that we change our beliefs and improve our character.

The story of mixed races kids have been misunderstood by many people. Why do you think there are so many mixed race kids among Falun Dafa practitioners??... Is it those mixed people who spent so much time to study Falun Dafa who misunderstood all of it or is it the main stream media people who practically know nothing about Falun Dafa cultivation that (deliberately?) misunderstood?

The explanation by Master Li as I remember it was that different old Gods created different races in their own images at the beginning of this civilization. Mixed kids have different looks and hence they canīt go to the paradise of those old Gods. In any case, there are practically no people anywhere on this planet that go to those paradises nowadays - mixed race or not, since they dont know how to do it and there are no scriptures to guide people. In Falun Dafa cultivation people dont focus on those old Gods anyway so it doesnt matter which race you are since Falun Dafa practitioners want to go to their own original paradise anyway by way of cultivation in Falun Dafa, back to their original home and not the home of old Gods - and however your human flesh body looks doesnt matter.

These things are always used to stir up peopleīs bad notions about Falun Dafa but Falun Dafa can always help people improve their body condition and mind no matter how their flesh body looks.

I am not "Falun". How could I be Falun??... I practice cultivation in Falun Dafa though and I can assure you that we dont discriminate any people.

It has been many years since I have read your masters words but I do remember he went on about aliens and how aliens are involved in humans lives and activities. I would think if you passed someone on a street corner saying this along with words on mixed blood children...you would call the police to take him away and hope gets help he needs.

Your master said the highest heaven or paradise is for Chinese and lower heavens or paradises are for other races. That sounds wonderful if you are Chinese...no Chinese should be thinking...why? Many people no spiritual or low spirit that are looking for something are easily led into a cult even if they cannot get to highest level...any level will be fine. You say about aliens just a belief and nothing else and has nothing to do with main focus of Falun. Like I said...your master goes on with many words on aliens. How can this not be important to people in Falun? If you believe...then you believe. I am not here to try and change minds...just you opened door with your post.

Am talking about these two things and while there are more problems in Falun I see...you are not thinking different about it and also I am not! I am sure if you...peaceful kung fu master and I were together...we would have great time talking about fighting and training. Your thoughts...my thoughts...is ok!

Smile

It has been many years since I have read your masters words but I do remember he went on about aliens and how aliens are involved in humans lives and activities. I would think if you passed someone on a street corner saying this along with words on mixed blood children...you would call the police to take him away and hope gets help he needs.

Your master said the highest heaven or paradise is for Chinese and lower heavens or paradises are for other races. That sounds wonderful if you are Chinese...no Chinese should be thinking...why? Many people no spiritual or low spirit that are looking for something are easily led into a cult even if they cannot get to highest level...any level will be fine. You say about aliens just a belief and nothing else and has nothing to do with main focus of Falun. Like I said...your master goes on with many words on aliens. How can this not be important to people in Falun? If you believe...then you believe. I am not here to try and change minds...just you opened door with your post.

Am talking about these two things and while there are more problems in Falun I see...you are not thinking different about it and also I am not! I am sure if you...peaceful kung fu master and I were together...we would have great time talking about fighting and training. Your thoughts...my thoughts...is ok!
    Like I told you I almost never think about aliens since its a very, very minor thing in cultivation and yes I am personally convinced that they exist but I dont care about them at all. Facts and knowledge are not important but the heart is everything in cultivation.

Heart, heart and more heart is all that is needed in cultivation. The universe is a fantastic place and I believe everyone will soon know many things that they donīt believe in now.

You talk about Chinese going back to (or rather coming from) higher levels and thatīs true but who cares? In cultivation everyone just wants to consummate and go home to theirr original paradise. Low or high doesnīt matter since everyone is different. Even if I was offered to go to the highest heaven it wouldnīt be as good as my true home right? Every man wants to be in his right place with his real family.

Mixed race doesnīt matter much in Falun Dafa because his spirit is not the same as his flesh body. His spirit wants to go back to its original home no matter what his body looks like and we dont cultivate the old Gods style and we dont want to go to their paradise either.

I am sorry but I am not the peaceful Kung Fu Master. I know a little bit about Kung Fu but not very much in any case. It would be an honor to discuss Kung Fu and training with a professional like yourself.

This some of the worst martial arts I have ever seen, ever. The only thing missing was Dillman like empty force attacks. There is no merit to anything he demonstrates. From his slappy attacks to his laughable ground escape.

Quote Originally Posted by bjjkk View Post
    This some of the worst martial arts I have ever seen, ever. The only thing missing was Dillman like empty force attacks. There is no merit to anything he demonstrates. From his slappy attacks to his laughable ground escape.
    @bjjkk: itīs easy to slander others but feel free to show us your own good stuff please. After those comments the least you should do is to show us how much better your own Kung Fu is.