Thread: Emei kung fu is it in Bak Mei kung fu ?

Hybrid View

Emei kung fu is it in Bak Mei kung fu ?

Is the Kung fu Chuk Fat Wan taught to Cheung Li Chuan Emei kung fu ? I always here that Emei Province has people who new Pak Mei kung Fu but when people go there they say there was no Pak Mei Kung Fu I was just wondering what the truth is . There is this mountain in Kwangtung Province by Canton where Hakka people learned kung Fu and is said to have had some monks from other regions of China in the past that taught kung fu to people some of these monks came from Emei it is said Cheung li Chuan and Lam Yui Gwai are said to have learned there , I think one monk was called the Gwong Wai monk .

Rumor has it Cheung created Bak Mei Pai as he was not going to inherit the Lung Ying Zhong Shi Mantle, his cousin Lum Yu Gwai did.

There was NEVER a Bak Mei monk, just myths and superstition.

It does not change the fact that Bak Mei is a very good Hakka based art.

But how could Cheung Lai Cheun become so dangerous and such a great fighter all of a sudden without learning new stuff from someone with drastically more knowledge and skill?
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    But how could Cheung Lai Cheun become so dangerous and such a great fighter all of a sudden without learning new stuff from someone with drastically more knowledge and skill?
    He trained with a collection of great Hakka teachers. And developed his own material.

It has nothing to do with his ability to fight or not.

Anyone who has been trained can figure it out. There are only so many ways the human body can move.

Chicken or the egg issue most of the time.

Rumor is that Li Siem Si, the successor to Som Dot, met with many people over the years. Li was the mysterious monk many SE Chinese martial arts systems mention. He wandered and taught much. Guangdong was a hotbed of martial arts activity at the turn of the century.

Again, who cares?

Can you use it and make it work.

The only paradigm that means truly anything.