Thread: Ark Wong Questions...

Ark Wong Questions...

From what I've been able to gather, the Southern 5 Family style comes down from Ark Wong, who is said to have learned it from the "Chief Monk" of Canton. What I would like to know is, Is it basically Hung Gar? I noticed they both have a 5 Animals form. Or his own thing created from the various Southern styles that he learned.

Not familiar enough with Ark Wongs system.
    Looks like pretty standard southern kung fu though.
    Shaolin 5 animals, Hung Kuen, etc.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Many southern styles feature the 5 animals of tiger, crane, snake, leopard and dragon. IMO, Ark Wong's style doesn't really look like it's Hung Gar. That doesn't mean there wasn't any cross-pollination with HG and/or other southern systems in its history. But the only people who could really say for sure is someone from Ark Wong's lineage.

hi

SUi Lum Fut ga kun Five Family system is the same system out of Hawai Masters Harlan lee and Arthur lee teach this system there Grandmaster came from Canton Kwangtung province China it is the same system as Ark Wongs .

Thumbs up

That's so cool, I had no idea. Explains all the butterfly-palm type movements in Ark Wong's system

Is this Fut Gar?

https://youtu.be/86-vJeylpq0
    Last edited by Oolong; 01-03-2018 at 05:32 PM.