Thread: 2 Section Staff

2 Section Staff

Anyone practice this? My teacher brought one in, and it is about the only Gongfu(or I think specifically Shaolin) weapon that I've never come across.

Can't seem to find any forms or details on it on the net(other than asking my teacher, but I dont' go to class a lot so I don't wanna waste learning time :P)

Quote Originally Posted by wutymes
    Anyone practice this? My teacher brought one in, and it is about the only Gongfu(or I think specifically Shaolin) weapon that I've never come across.

Can't seem to find any forms or details on it on the net(other than asking my teacher, but I dont' go to class a lot so I don't wanna waste learning time :P)
    If you're talking about the lashing staff, there was an article in IKF last year...check out their website.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

From what I have read, the 2 sectional staff is much like the japanese nunchuku, although the chinese version has a longer chain section joining both staffs.

The weapon as mentioned above is known as the 'big sweeper' aka twirling staff/long tip staff.

Some lineages of 7* PM have a form called 'Dai Su Dzee'

other than that

craig

I have learned that weapon. A few of Sifu Chan Tai-San's disciples learned it. I'm pretty sure Sifu David Ross and Sifu Chris Jurak learned it as well.

cool weapon. Wing Lam has a video on it.

Eagle Claw has 3 sets. 2 with the long and 1 using a short with a saber.

I learned the Chan Tai San one while hanging out at the lama school in 94 long time ago, so thats where my hair went

Cool set.

er jie gun

Two-section staff is an ambiguous translation because it could mean either a Chinese version of the nunchaku or a lashing staff.

My article on Lashing Staff was in our NOv Dec 2004 issue. I did a cover story on Chinese nunchuks in our July August 2005.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

awesome article gene, thanks a lot for posting it

I particularly liked the 'I can fight ten guys with knifes easily' lol

craig

Quote Originally Posted by wutymes
    :P)
    You gotta see the Win Lam Catalog, tons of **** you rarely see.
    We're not gods. Not only are our powers limited, we are sometimes forced to become the devil himself.

thanks all, that was really helpful(and to Gene-yeah I meant the lashing staff, I had no idea what the name was)

Shaolin Lashing Staff by Master Andy Ye Xinglie (葉興烈)

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Wah Lum has this weapon in their curriculum