Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Important Words on Martial Applications"

Drone Guest

Pressure Points

Sam I noticed you mentioned a number of pressure points, and a combo that you regard as your favorite. Do any of you guys make it a point to hit these areas? or is it more of a take what you can get mentality when you spar/fight?

Guandi Guest
    >Hey, do you think you could do some research and
    >try to find out who it was that said that?

the article was from Glen Moore -- a student of Park Bok Nam. He also wrote another article about this subject -- "Taking The Fangs From The Snake"
    by Glen Moore in "Combat" (United Kingdom).

Guandi

Sam Wiley Guest
    Well, you have to take any opening you can, because if you try to force a technique you will lose. But in training, you should pick some of the major points and train to strike them, so that you will be able to do so with little effort in a fight. Myself, I train to strike several, the eyes, Gall Bladder 14, CV22 (pit of the neck), Stomach 9, and a few others. If you train to open the guy up or to take an opening and then to strike to a certain point, then when presented with the opportunity to do so, you will. You never force a technique, though, as that's against good principles. I have a tendency to control an opponent, pushing him away and then pulling him in, using quick footwork to get around behind him where he can't see and then take advantage. But I try not to force a technique, even when controlling him. That's clumsy Li.

thumper Guest
    THAT'S IT ! ! !
    taking the fangs from the snake was what i read. student of bok nam park eh? i should have known cuz from what i've read on his pa kua, it seems real practical and common sense-like.

'either you like reincarnation or the smell of carnations'