Thread: Dream spar

Dream spar

Does anyone else dream they are sparring against opponent(s) when they are sleeping. I do occasionally and the dreams are always very vivid and controlled as opposed to fighting off an aggressor in a dream where I have awoken due to kicking out({heel kick) while asleep in bed. Luckily, not hitting anything. I am asking this because I dreamed last night that I was sparring with a Mantis practitioner, ha!

I do, every once in a blue moon. I think I had one about a month ago. I don't remember if my 'opponent' in that one had an actual style or not.

First time I noticed something was up 'stylewise" in a dream. Last night's dream revealed this the way he clamped onto my outstretched arms to begin the sparring match. At ease power.
    Also: Someone could say " Oh, what are you bothering with to spar or fight in a dream? " Truth is, I am not lucid dreaming, I never know I am in a dream or a dream within a dream. Reactivity.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 03-14-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Agreed that you don't know it's a dream when you're dreaming. I also occasionally practice MA movements in dreams as well.

Only one time I had a sort of lucid dream. It was kind of post-apocalyptic, and the city was in ruins with almost nobody around. I was in an old, beaten-up car driving slowly, and just when we started going under a stone bridge, it began to collapse. Suddenly I realized I was in a dream, and I willed the collapsing bridge to stop in mid-air and reassemble itself. Then we slowly passed safely under it. It was a very brief realization, then I woke up. I've heard it said that if you practice a lot and become proficient at lucid dreaming, you can control everything that happens in your dreams. I can't (yet).