Thread: Should I iget liability insurance?

Should I iget liability insurance?

I would let to get some people together to do some ma/self defense drills with. No sparring, just drills. I will encourage my training partners to use control and wear protective gear. I am not an instructor. However, I supposed that introducing new drills might cause me to be considered to be close enough in the eyes of the law? So this makes me wonder, should I get liability insurance just in case some accidental injuries happen? Thanks in advance..

The prudent answer is Yes

If you are taking any sort of compensation - money or trade - it's prudent to protect yourself.

If it's just you getting together with some friends informally, it's not as litigious. But I've seen all sorts of crazy lawsuits in this industry and when it comes right down to it, we're all about self defense.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Many homeowners insurance plans will cover you for accidental injuries you might inflict on others while away from your house. And this includes RENTERS insurance that you SHOULD HAVE if you rent an apartment. Believe it or not many, many people don't know renters insurance even exists and is pretty cheep considering what it covers.

An example from 30 years ago that still haunts me to this day was when my Akida mix who I adopted from a shelter, bit a family friend twice in the face causing severe lacerations. The dog was on a leash and did not liked to be hugged..so I learned. She went to hug the dog who looked like a big teddy bear and as it flinched and reached the end of the leash he lashed out. This incident happened at my mothers's house. In the end, her homeowners and my renters went half in half to cover her medical/ plastic surgery expenses and a cash settlement.

Call your agent and see if you are covered out of residence.
    Buy the best and cry once!