Thread: WrestleMania 34 SATURDAY, APRIL 7 ERNEST N. MORIAL CONVENTION CENTER

I can't wait for this.

I'm actually more likely to find a pay-per-view to watch this than I would to watch a UFC bout. Is that wrong?

Ronda Rousey.

by Jon Fuentes SENIOR WRITER
    Ronda Rousey and WWE seem to have reached a deal
    Published 20 hours ago

It looks like the WWE and Ronda Rousey have finally agreed to a deal that will bring the former UFC women's bantamweight champion to the world of professional wrestling.

The former UFC star was one of the most dominant names in mixed martial arts (MMA) for several years as she went undefeated inside the cage. After dominating the female 135-pound division for so long, however, she met her match against Holly Holm back in November of 2015.

Holm defeated Rousey for the first time in her fighting career via second round knockout with a head-kick to the neck. After a year Rousey returned to the Octagon only to suffer another knockout loss, this time to Amanda Nunes just 48 seconds into the first round.

After the fight Rousey has yet to make an official announcement on her future as a fighter, however, it's expected that we've seen the last of her inside the Octagon.

Now Rousey seems primed for a career in professional wrestling, and has been rumored to be in negotiations with WWE for some time now.

WWE teased a partnership with Rousey at the Mae Young Classic when she was confronted by The Four Horsewomen of wrestling.

It was also rumored that she has been training for her in-ring debut with former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Brian Kendrick.

Last week TMZ caught Triple H, Rousey, and her agent having dinner at a top of the line LA restaurant, possibly discussing business.

It seems that business negotiation has concluded, as a report from PWStream claims a deal between Rousey and the WWE has been completed.

PWStream notes that it's unlikely we see Rousey at the Royal Rumble, unless they're desperate for mainstream attention, but she'll likely be at WrestleMania 34:

It should be interesting to see who WWE pairs Rousey up with for her in-ring debut with the company at WrestleMania
    MMA & WWE & Ronda Rousey
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I'm actually more likely to find a pay-per-view to watch this than I would to watch a UFC bout. Is that wrong?
    TBH, I most likely would, too. Even though I don't buy PPVs. And also TBH, I rarely watch MMA anymore except on certain rare occasions(certain fights).

I don't see how that can be wrong. Curiosity factor and all.

I'll confess that I've been watching some WWE lately. Mainly for the women's wrestling, and not for the reasons someone might think. It's because quite often (for me), I find the rivalries and matches in the women's division to be more entertaining than most of the men's. The women's division of today is definitely NOT the "divas' division" of years past.

I foresee an eventual rivalry with Charlotte Flair (of course), but perhaps even more compelling, a rivalry with Japanese wrestler Asuka, perhaps the most hardcore wrestler currently in the women's division. But I highly doubt that WWE would put her in a match with them immediately. Most likely for Ronda's debut match, they'll feed her an opponent from much lower on the totem pole (i.e., a 'jobber') to highlight Ronda's abilities. And they'll do that several times with several 'lower-level' opponents to cement her status as a dominant 'monster' in the ring.

Up next AUTOPLAY 5:15 Ronda Rousey gets her WrestleMania match: Raw, March 5, 2018

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ronda Rousey meets Absolution: Raw, March 26, 2018

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Stephanie McMahon sends Ronda Rousey crashing through a table: Raw, April 2, 2018

I gotta say - I'm lovin this.

I'm launching a new thread - WrestleMania 43 - in honor of this historic event. I'll copy the relevant threads from above.

MMA & WWE & Ronda Rousey
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips