Thread: Sony's Mulan Live Action film

Alex Graves directing

‘Game Of Thrones’ Alex Graves To Helm Sony’s ‘Mulan’
    by Mike Fleming Jr
    October 17, 2016 1:03pm

REX/Shutterstock

EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has set Alex Graves to direct Mulan, its live-action adaptation of the Chinese legend based on Hua Mulan, the young female warrior who takes her ailing father’s place in the Chinese Imperial Army.

There are two live-action versions of Mulan, but this one is being designed for the international marketplace so it pace won’t necessarily be determined by progress on the Disney film — this pic is a Chinese co-production, there will be a Chinese lead, and the film will be done through Sony Pictures International Productions. The Sony film is scripted by Jason Keller and produced by Doug Belgrad, whose 2.0 Entertainment will be a co-financier and producer of the film.

Graves has been directing some of the hottest TV series episodes from Game Of Thrones to Homeland, Bloodline and Shameless. WME reps him.
    I'm already reading some complaints that this should not have been a white director, that it should have been a Chinese director. I wonder if these critics ever bothered to see the ALL CHINESE Mulan that came out back in 2009.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I just realized this should be an indie thread

Sony's Mulan Live Action film is completely different than Disney's Live Action film, so it warrants its own thread. And while I'm at it, I'll copy it to our global Mulan thread.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart