Thread: RIP Dr. Dan Netherland

RIP Dr. Dan Netherland

I never met Dr. Dan. He helped design Tiger Claw's rebreakable boards and was a record-holding breaker.

In Memory of Dr Dan Netherland
    $2,300 of $10,000 goal
    Raised by 12 people in 3 days
    Donate Now

Netherland Family
    Memorials
    GATLINBURG, TN

IN Memory of Dr Dan Netherland

To our friends and family around the world, It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of our father, Dr. Dan Netherland, this past Saturday, April 14, 2018 at the age of 71 years.

With a Doctorate in Divinity, he served as a minister for 45 years. Throughout his life, he was a mentor and leader of many students in martial arts. He was an internationally acclaimed martial artist with 60+ years training experience. He was best known as the undisputed World Power Breaking Champion of the World, holding multiple Guinness World Records as well as World Record Federation records. He was designated a living legend by the official United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame and the prestigious European martial arts Hall of Fame. He was an author, my mentor and my hero.

He will be remembered by his wife of 47 years, Linda and their children, Chad (Lindsey), Heidi, Kristil (Chris), and Cameron (Lauren) and 12 grandchildren.

Please join us for a Celebration of life ceremony this Saturday, April 21, at 6:00 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 111 Oglewood Lane, Gatlinburg, TN with Pastor Scott Carter presiding. The family will receive friends prior to service from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.

In lieu of flowers, you may make memorial donations to his widow, Linda Netherland, at any SmartBank location on this GoFundme link.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Our remembrance

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart