Thread: RIP Anthony Bourdain

RIP Anthony Bourdain

Anthony Bourdain, UFC super fan and BJJ ambassador, dead at 61
    By Jesse Holland Jun 8, 2018, 9:48am EDT

Anthony Bourdain, celebrity chef and host of the award-winning CNN series, “Parts Unknown,” was found dead on Friday morning in his hotel room in France, in what is being called a suicide.

He was 61.

Mixed martial arts (MMA) fans were no stranger to Bourdain, who was often seen cageside at Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) pay-per-view (PPV) events. In fact, his wife Ottavia is a former fighter and they’ve been known to rub elbows with some of the top names in the sport.

Including the Diaz brothers (pic).

“It is with extraordinary sadness we can confirm the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain,” CNN said in a prepared statement. “His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique storyteller.”

Tecia Torres

@TeciaTorres
    How cool!! =) Thanks @OttaviaBourdain for the shot out!! Xo! #tuf20 @ufc @InvictaFights http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/22/53...jitsu-training

7:36 PM - Jan 22, 2014 · Coconut Creek, FL

Meet the Bourdains
    Anthony and Ottavia on MMA, radioactive monkey colons, In-N-Out vs. Five Guys, the world's best beef, and "bro-food."

sbnation.com
    See Tecia Torres's other Tweets
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Bourdain, a longtime ambassador of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ), was known to get on the mats and roll with just about anyone ... except Joe Rogan.
    He's mentioned on our Celebrities studying martial arts thread here and here
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

RIP, and condolences for his loved ones.

I just learned about this less than an hour ago. Most of the time, celebrity deaths don't surprise me, but this was a bit of a shock, especially due to it being by suicide. Anthony Bourdain had so much going for him. I guess you really can't tell from the outside what's going on inside.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I'm glad you put this up, Gene. Thanks.

I've had a quote from him in my sig for a number of years now.
    I don't think there is anyone out there I appreciated more than Anthony Bourdain.
    I wanted to be him when I grew up
    I wish I could say I was surprised at this but I am not.
    I had been wondering at Eric Ripert's more frequent presence in the shows in recent years...speculating that Ripert's straight-edge, Buddhist philosophies might have been helpful to Anthony in some way.

I am deeply saddened by his death.
    I hope he has found peace and his family takes some consolation in how many lives he touched.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Sad to hear the back-to-back suicide happenings. May their souls be forgiven and rest peacefully in paradise.