Thread: Ng Ying Kungfu, Five Animal Kungfu, Ng Ying Kuen

Red face Ng Ying Kungfu, Five Animal Kungfu, Ng Ying Kuen

Does anyone practise southern Ng Ying Kuen 5 Animal Fist and what is your experience with it?

Which animal suits you the best and why?

Why do you like or dislike animal styles?

------------------------
    Has anyone heared of a system called Ng Ying Kungfu?
    I never heared of it as a separate system of Kungfu. I practise Hung Gar and there we have Ng Ying Kuen as a form and separate animal forms but withing the system of Hung Gar.

In the USA there is Five Animal Kungfu and Tai Chi school by sifu Donald Kinnie. In Europe, the Netherlands there is Ng Ying Kungfu the 'Long Juan Feng' school of sifu Patrick van Steen.

Never saw it before, but there is so many i have not seen.

----------------------

With traditional 5 animals you have, as far as i know: tiger, leopard, crane, snake, dragon. But in other systems there is monkey instead of a dragon i believe.

Are there different 5 animals in different systems?

Ng Ying Kuen was the art taught by GM Ark Wong, after his passing the system went to another relative Seming Ma. I am not sure about it right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhf_...elated&search=

Ark Wong was one of the first to teach non-chinese publicly. A subset of his art, "Splashing Hands" was the basis of GM "Tiny" Lefiti's art and also a big influence in Ed Parker's version of kenpo.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Anyone claiming to practice kung fu while wearing a japanese black belt and japanese karate gi is full of sh1t.

Delete my comment again, i'll re-post it again and again and again and again.

Fake jake mace kung fu in karate gi's.......more shaolin do bullsh1t!!!!!!!
    I agree with this after looking at the two gentleman listed. I found one of their forms on youtube and could recognize a lot of Shaolin Kempo Karate moves in it. Looked nothing like the 5 Animal taught by Ark Wong.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Blog Entries
    I agree with this after looking at the two gentleman listed. I found one of their forms on youtube and could recognize a lot of Shaolin Kempo Karate moves in it. Looked nothing like the 5 Animal taught by Ark Wong.
    Those who are not true of heart will NEVER see they're living a lie. all that matters is the lie. After 40 + years in the martial arts, 39 of them in the Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut system, i know what is real gung fu and what is FAKE FU. Kung Fu in karate GI's with japanese ranking systems wrapped around their waists is the FIRST RED FLAG of pure fukery. ALMOST all of Wong Ark Yuey's lineage looks and moves like that system and being that Wong Ark Yuey and Prof. Lau Bun were good friends, i will defend wong ark yuey's lineage.

the TRUE SCHOOL will never fall for the okey doke of the hokey folk faking the funk about kung fu in karate gi's. I coined the term KUNGARATE.
    that's what it is. Karate wishing to pass off as kung fu by people who presume no one knows how to tell the difference.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    Ng Ying Kuen was the art taught by GM Ark Wong, after his passing the system went to another relative Seming Ma. I am not sure about it right now.

5 family Kung Fu
    is what Wong Ark Yuey taught. Five animal's are only a FORM consisting of the southern kung fu 5 Animals: Dragon, Tiger, Panther, Snake and Crane.

There are "5 Animals Kung Fu Schools" teaching a certain system. One of those schools is a sub branch under Tat Mau Wong's Choy Lee Fut school. There is no Kung Fu style called 5 Animals Kung Fu. That's always the creation of some white karate guy living in an area of the United States where there is very little Asian Community. So many want to pass this mess off as kung fu while wearing everything JAPANESE and most likely using KATA in reference to Forms. Some of them also try to use Mandarin terms like Taolu in reference to SOUTHERN Kung Fu who uses CANTONESE and forms are called "KUEN". not taolu.

the fakes and phonies HATE being called out. But, the Fraudulence needs to STOP immediately. And i for one will call a fraud a fraud without missing a beat.

Please be nice to eachother ...

We come and speak in peace...

'Ha Say Fu Hung Gar' as propagated by Kwong Wing Lam sifu (rip) (and others) is five animals style.

Consisting of sets for each of the 5 shaolin five animals IE: The Tiger, The Leopard, The Crane, The Snake and The Dragon.
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 07-04-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries

Shhhhhhhhhhhh

This place is dead. it needs to be livened up a bit.

Blog Entries

Shhhhhhhhhhhh

Nope. needs to be livened up a bit here

Everyone has to start somewhere here.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    This place is dead. it needs to be livened up a bit.
    By flaming a forum nooB? No wonder it's dying.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart