Thread: Crossfire

Crossfire

Donnie Yen finds himself in Benny Chan’s ‘Crossfire’

“Crossfire” Promotional Poster

The good news doesn’t end for Donnie Yen fans. The martial arts superstar will find himself in Crossfire, a Proof of Life-esque action thriller to be directed by veteran Hong Kong director, Benny Chan (Call of Heroes).

According to SD, Yen will play a former police inspector who travels to South America to rescue his kidnapped wife. With Chan at helm (remember, this is the guy who made A Moment of Romance, Big Bullet and Who Am I?), Yen is definitely in good hands.

Don’t expect any major updates for Crossfire anytime soon. At the moment, Yen is keeping very busy with numerous projects (Ip man 4, Enter the Fat Dragon, Sleeping Dogs, re-shoots for Ice Man 2 (?), and maybe City of Darkness, Wesley and Noodle Man).
    There's more info on the Emperor Motion Pictures page but it's copy protected.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Donnie Yen to begin filming Benny Chan movie soon

From Cinema Online Exclusively for Yahoo Newsroom
    Heidi Hsia

5 March 2019

6 Mar – Busy-bee Donnie Yen knows no time for rest, as he admitted that he is filming from one project after another.

As reported on Oriental Daily, the actor, who appeared at a Po Leung Kuk event as the new Youth Services ambassador recently, shared that he will begin filming a new movie soon, to be directed by Benny Chan.

"It will be a crime film, which will begin production at the end of the month," he said.

However, after months of filming in other countries, Donnie stated that he has been trying to persuade Benny to shoot the new movie in Hong Kong instead so that he could spend more time with his family.

The actor also admitted that he has been working hard to get fit again, especially after letting himself go during the Lunar New Year season.

"The movie would have multiple stunt scenes and fights like in "SPL", so I have to get back into shape," he said.

Although he made no mention of the title of the new movie, it is believed that Donnie was talking about "Crossfire" - a live adaptation of the hit video game "Sleeping Dogs" that previously pushed its filming schedule due to his commitment with Disney's live action film, "Mulan".
    Hold the phone - Crossfire and Sleeping Dogs are the same film? I'm going to wait for more confirmation before I merge these threads.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart