Thread: Heir to late Grandmaster Wing Kwong Lam?

Heir to late Grandmaster Wing Kwong Lam?

Admittedly, I was rather surprised to hear of GM Kong Wing Lams' passing.

I opted to put this query in the traditional shaolin thread vs. the southern forum as GM Lam was a master in 2 different arts.

Is anyone aware if he named a successor/heir to his Northern Shaolin art and/or his Ha Say Fu Hung Kuen? Thank you.

Respects,
    LTN

My sifu did not name any successors

He did accept several disciples. That official list will be published in his obituary in our next issue, the FALL 2018.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thank you for your reply Sifu Ching,

My sincerest conolences to you and your martial family for the loss of your instructur and such a great martial legend. (a friend of mine Sifu Onasssis Parungao also learned from Grandmaster Lam).

R.I.P. If there is no successor named to his art, then is there any appointed one to in charge of his martial art school chain in U.S.A. ? I guess there is.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong

Not really

For the most part, the official disciples and subsidiary schools are self managing. My Sifu was pretty iaissez-faire about it all that. Like with any master, there have been a few individuals making false claims of legacy, especially because his extensive video series let the whole curriculum out. But there actually weren't that many official schools in his federation - less than a dozen. There's a list of schools and affiliates on his site (this might need an update) and like I said, there will be a list of recognized indoor disciples in our next issue. I'll post that here when the FALL 2018 comes out perhaps. And I'll note here again just as I mentioned in my web eulogy that I never discipled under Sifu Lam, although I remain close to those that did. Our copy editors, Gary Shockley and Lori White, are among of his vowed disciples.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our latest free web article offering

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips