Thread: What Makes A True Life Warrior?

What Makes A True Life Warrior?

People often ask me why I'm known as a true life warrior. To answer this, we must analyse the parts that make the whole.

TRUE

I was once minding my own business in a dojo in Tokyo when some yakuza ruffians came up to me. "Oi, ya ruddy gaijin-head - your skill is not true". I turned to them and said, "Peace be on your way brethren". They wouldn't back down however and surrounded me, looking for a knuckle sandwich. Very well, I thought time to separate the true from the false. I did a Jet Li style cartwheel kick which took out all of them. I'll let you be the judge of whether my skill is true or not.

LIFE

Another time I was doing bokken training in Beijing. A local MMA expert noticed me and decided to test his art - he grabbed a katana and took a swing at me. I dodged the strike and hit him in the head with the bokken, knocking him out but doing no permanent damage. "Why didn't you cut me with a katana? Why are you mercifully using a bokken", he asked. I chose life over death was the reason.

WARRIOR

I was invited to participate in a secret fighting competition in Shanghai with the best of the best. The rules were simple - there were no rules. No foreigner had ever been allowed to participate in the competition. I'll let you guess who ended up winning and being described as the greatest warrior ever to have participated

-

What does being a true life warrior mean to you? I'd love some of your thoughts.

It's been awhile since one of the trolls have surfaced on the forums, ha! Almost always entertaining. This one reminds me of the writing style and flamboyant posts from one of them although I cant remember who it was, it's been quite some time. Similar to an invasive vine type plant that keeps popping up in different places and putting down new roots as it stretches out it's tendrils.

Please pass the popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    It's been awhile
    Indeed it has. Kinda refreshing. At least it's a new thread.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart