Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No-holds-barred Kung Fu tournament

Richie Guest

No-holds-barred Kung Fu tournament

Would anyone be interested in entering or watching a no holds barred kung fu tournament? I mean only kung fu, and not Kimpo or any only modified stuff. In addition to that, you must use the style you practice. For example, if you do Ba Gua, you can't fight like a kick boxer.

Would anyone be interested? :D

Xebsball Guest
    That would be fun.
    If you do such thing please put it on the internet for us to watch :)

-------------------------
    I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt
    I'm too sexy for your mother, too sexy for your mother
    So sexy, YEAH

Watchman Guest

Richie,

Is this just an idea, or do you have an event planned?

If this is planned, then please post details as to location, date, rules, etc.

Thanks.

Ozihn Guest
    That would be pretty **** cool.

wushu chik Guest

Are we talking Sanshou?

Are we talking sanshou or a NHB tourney?? I would be really interested, I am ready to start competing again!

Kung Lek Guest
    You're kidding right?

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links

mantis king Guest
    I am the first to admit that your idea sounds good, in theory but unless there is people out there that know kung fu and are willing to die your suggestion will never work. And there would not be too many takers. For that reason you would have to implement rules. These rules would limit some styles and the fights would turn out to look like kick-boxing.
    Tournaments often look like kick-boxing matches even thought there are different styles in the match. This is because they are under kick boxing rules therefore the scoring system is in favour of kick-boxing techniques so one would be stupid not to implement a kick-boxing approach to the match.
    So it would be hard to make up rules that are not like those of kick-boxing, and that would allow full use of kung fu techniques and would still be safe.

max power

Watchman Guest
    Hello Wushu Chik! ;) ;)

P.S. You know me. :cool:

buddhapalm Guest

Sounds good !

What exactly do you mean by no-holds barred though. Elbows, eye pokes, throat and groin strikes allowed ??

What do you have in mind ?

chokeyouout2 Guest

Curious?

How would probable death dissuade people from entering?

When you'r telling one of your little stories, here's a idea; Have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

wushu chik Guest

Hi Watchman!!

Thanks for noticing lil ol' me!! :) And Vasco, can't we all just get along??

Richie Guest

Rules

The rules of such an event would be realistic. The term NHB is a relative term. Eye attacks, throat attacks and certain pressure point attacks would not be allow. However, elbows, knees, and Chin na would be allowed. Groin attacks will probably not be allowed, because the problems other NHB tournaments had. Also, If it goes to the ground and there is no finishing move or quick technique, the fighters will have to seperate and stand up.

You also must prove the validity of your skills. Not just anyone with a black sash can enter. I feel it is very important that it isn't kick boxing. I've seen fighters who say that they do a style and their sparring and fighting is THAT style.

I feel the problem is that there is a lot of crap out there and when people see that crap, they think that Chinese martial arts is crap. This is not true. CMA is probably the best MA out there

As for is this tournament in the making? It's still on the drawing board. I've talked to a few people, but I haven't spoken to any promoter yet. I want to know if this is a good idea or a waste of time.

joedoe Guest
    Sounds good in principle.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    You're fu(king up my chi

brassmonkey Guest
    Well since no eye or groin strikes this would be good for everyone except a kung fu man...don't tell me your not going to allow dim mak and empty force strikes either.

Kristoffer Guest
    sounds like a great ideè! BUT,, u should have alowed groin strikes and preasure points. that will make it more like Kung fu u know?

What u should do, for real I mean. Tazlk to some respective masters, instructors that u know of. e-mejl as many as u can find about this idee and try to find people that are willing to enter first.

~K~
    "maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"