Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hero

Hero

Has anyone herd anything about "Hero" yet ? It the new Tarantino film staring Jet Li. From the prevues, it kinda looks like a Chinese version of Bravehart. And if its anything like Tarantino's other films, it should be quite good. I believe it comes out later this month, and I look forward to seein it.
    A man runs 3-4 miles per day, bragging about the extra 10 years of life it creates, unaware that he is spending them running.

Tarrantino didn't make it.....he's just attached to the U.S. release through Miramax. They're using his name to drum up business.

HERO has been on DVD for like 2 years. I bought mine from MartialArtsMart last summer.

http://store.martialartsmart.net/dvd40028.html

It's harldy new.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

oh wow, Im st00p1d....is it good ?
    A man runs 3-4 miles per day, bragging about the extra 10 years of life it creates, unaware that he is spending them running.

Yeah, it's cool. It's kind of like Crouching Tiger, but with a more Communist message.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Nice, I'll definatly have to check it out then...please excuse my noobness

Exclamation ??? sound ???

Is the sound in Chinese dialect only or is there english option

I know it says captioning in various languages including english, but what about sound?

Hmm, I actually thought the message was more imperial, but what do I know? Then again, communism as it exists in china is pretty **** close to an imperial state anyway.

As an additional note, I can't wait for that peter pan style flying through the trees swordfight bull**** to go out of style.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Re: ??? sound ???

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    Is the sound in Chinese dialect only or is there english option

I know it says captioning in various languages including english, but what about sound?
    Chinese only sound.

communist or imperialist?

I kinda thought Hero was more of a filial piety tale - sort of Confucian really, which in this case, would be more imperialist I think. I don't see it as communist at all, unless you think of self sacrifice as communist.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Re: communist or imperialist?

i thought hero was oaky. i like crouching tiger better. more of a story to me. hero was good though, but its not the action epic film they play it up to be. its more of confusing tail if you dont pay attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Hero is one of the best cinemagraphic movies I've ever scene...

Good story, however, I've noticed some need to go back and watch it a few times to grasp all of it....

Fight choreography is very cool, as long as you like wuxia.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Before I talk about Hero, wanna say something... SCREW TARANTINO, AND ESPECIALLY SCREW MIRAMAX (BIG FREAKIN LOSERS).

Anyways, Im a go watch Hero on first day, I already saw it when I had the DVD (it got stolen, some SOB stole it) and it was great, so now Im just gonna go watch it in theaters.
    Be water my friend.

The first fight with Donnie Yen is going to own...
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

Yeah, I wish they used Donnie more, that would have been sick.. and that IS the lineup for any wuxia fans.. Jet AND Donnie.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

zhang xiyi is all the line up i need