Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone going to DragonFest this year?

blaktiger Guest

Dragonfest - LA, Sunday

Any of you LA cats going to Dragonfest on Sunday? Most likely I'll be there. I'm the brotha with the curly afro, wearing a black tai chi top, talking shizmit with the other entertainment types.

Hope to see you there.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
    "I'll be too busy lookin' good!"

Johnny Hot Shot Guest

I'll be there

I'll be the really good looking guy with the jade pendant, talking smak to all the hotties :D ;)

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
    Jacko Jackson

soy Guest
    where is this? I'll look it up anyways.. sounds fun :D

Is anyone going to DragonFest this year?

If you've been there before, what can I expect? Is it just a big cattle call? Are there any events worth going for?

It's full of Hollywood wannabe's.
    There are some interesting people there but most are B-rated movie 'stars'.... If you're into that sort of thing then I guess it's cool.

The last two years I was invited to go by one of the 'exhibitors' and went out of obligation...

KG

A bunch of us were thinking about going, just so we could see what it was all about. I don't know if we are yet or not, but after finding out what it's all about, probably not.

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

DragonFest, i've meeted and greeted my face off.

It was an interesting event. Although next time I'm going to go at noon instead of standing in that line for an hour. It was interesting to see some of the personalities and schools that attended.

AT,

Looked for your afro but didn't see it. Did you go? If so what were you wearing?

Tried to shmooze info out of some, signed up for a couple of newsletters, bought a magazine, talked to Bruce Locke, actually bumped in to an old freind I haven't seen for a year or so, all in all a cool experience.

An interesting note was the amount of MA freaks that were a part of the attending body. People walking in wearing eveything from "mad max" gear to tropic colored Gi's to camaflouge hakama. And i thought my school t-shirt was a bit extreme. j/k

Anybody else go?

No, I'm in Chicago, and it was too far to walk.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

LOL Royal

Hey Sifu Abel: decided at last minute not to go.

Sifu Carl and about 5 of us were going to go after class, but none of us wanted to spend $15 to go for 2-3 hours (class ended at 2:30, dragonfest ended at 5). Plus, yours truly nearly passed out - trying to train with a nasty chest cough. And with my Blue Sash test coming next week, I needed to stay and train after class ended.

Sooooo, long story short, didn't make it. Were there any cool demos? A classmate said it's mostly a "buy my tape, train with me" sort of thing.
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

Oh, we were all going to go in our school t-shrits and tai chi outfits, but again, everybody cried broke.
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

"A classmate said it's mostly a "buy my tape, train with me" sort of thing."

In a nutshell.

I was there mostly to see what lists I could get on. Signed up with stuntsite.com .

It was disappointing. New line cinema was supposed to be there. So were a few production houses. Not many showed. lots of B movie and TV people.
    Gods!, so much bad skin. Who do you work with? Is there a try out or resume type of thing?

I failed to mention all the hot asian starlettes i've never heard of selling their posters and looking like 2 dollar hookers.

Bunch a cheap golddiggin' tramps, gotta love 'um. check one out at esther.com She was the hottest one.

Sifu Abel

You know, I totally forgot that I joined a new stunt company, that's made up of mostly Shaolin types and military vets.

I haven't heard from my "boss" if you will in a few weeks, but send me a PM with your contact info, and I'll see what's what. Since we are just starting out, I'm sure you can get in on the ground floor.

Peace.

DragonFest 2005--What happened?

I was curiuos to see if the 2005 dragonfest was up and running. So far, the web page hasn't updated since the count down from 2003.
    Bad turnout?