Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Tiger Claw Elite Championships & KUNG FU TAI CHI DAY - May 18-19, San Jose CA

2019 Tiger Claw Elite Championships & KUNG FU TAI CHI DAY - May 18-19, San Jose CA

The 2019 Tiger Claw Elite Championships will be held on May 18-19 at the South Hall of the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California. This will include the 11th Tiger Claw Elite KungFuMagazine.com Championship, the 7th Tiger Claw Elite Taekwondo Championships on Saturday, and the 8th KUNG FU TAI CHI DAY on Sunday. This also marks the 10th Tiger Claw WildAid Championships. More details to come.

See our associated websites:
    Tiger Claw Elite
    Tiger Claw Elite KungFuMagazine.com Championship
    KUNG FU TAI CHI DAY

The 10 Year Anniversary
    10 Year Anniversary Gala (August 24, 2002)

The Tiger Claw Elite Championships
    TCEC I (2006)
    TCEC II (2007)
    TCEC III (2008)

The Tiger Claw KungFuMagazine.com Championships
    TCKFMC I (June 27, 2009)
    TCKFMC II (June 12, 2010)
    TCKFMC III (June 4, 2011)

The 20 Year Anniversary
    KFTC 20 YEARS (June 9-10, 2012)

The Tiger Claw Elite Championships & KUNG FU TAI CHI DAY
    2013 TCEC & KFTCD (June 1-2, 2013)
    2014 TCEC & KFTCD (May 17-18, 2014)
    2015 TCEC & KFTCD (May 16-17, 2015)
    2016 TCEC & KFTCD (May 21-22, 2016)

The 25 Year Anniversary
    KFTC25 AF

The Tiger Claw Elite Championships & KUNG FU TAI CHI DAY - continued
    10th Tiger Claw Elite KungFuMagazine.com Championship - May 19-20 2018, San Jose CA
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

For any of you facebookers

This is now listed as an event on our facebook page. Please give us a 'going' or an 'interested' if you're a facebooker.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

For any of you facebookers

This is now listed as an event on our facebook page. Please give us a 'going' or an 'interested' if you're a facebooker.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Songshan Shaolin Division @ 2019 Tiger Claw Elite KungFuMagazine.com Championship

Songshan Shaolin (嵩山少林)

After the overwhelming success of last year’s Songshan Shaolin Division, the Tiger Claw Elite KungFuMagazine.com Championship is proud to announce that it will continue offering the Songshan Shaolin Division in 2019. The Songshan Shaolin Division is exclusively for practitioners of Shaolin Kung Fu currently taught as part of the common curriculum at the original Shaolin Temple on Songshan (Song Mountain) today. Once again, this is its own unique division, just like Traditional Kung Fu or Modern Wushu, complete with age and gender divisions and Grand Champions. The Advanced Grand Champions can compete against Traditional Kung Fu or Modern Wushu for the Overall Grand Championship title. The Songshan Shaolin Division serves the ever-growing community of Shaolin schools in the San Francisco Bay Area connected to the Shaolin Temple, as well as the expanding community worldwide.

The Tiger Claw Elite KungFuMagazine.com Championship will be held on May 18-19 2019 in the South Hall of the San Jose McEnery Convention Center. More details to come.

THREADS:
    2019 Tiger Claw Elite Championships & KUNG FU TAI CHI DAY - May 18-19, San Jose CA
    Songshan Shaolin Champion
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Shalini Singh

San Jose teen shines in international martial arts competition

Shalini Singh’s skill with a broadsword earned her a gold medal last month at the Pan American Wushu Championships in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The San Jose teen is an eighth-grader at Stratford School Raynor in Sunnyvale. (Photo courtesy of the Singh family)
    By JAKE RICHARDSON |
    PUBLISHED: December 2, 2018 at 7:26 am | UPDATED: December 3, 2018 at 4:31 am

She’s only in eighth grade, but Shalini Singh knows how to wield a broadsword. She proved her skill recently by earning two gold medals and one bronze at an international Chinese martial arts competition.

At the Pan American Wushu Championships in Buenos Aires, Argentina, the San Jose teen competed against other 13- to 15-year-olds from 15 nations in the “hard” martial art, a full-contact sport where force is met with force.
    Her gold medals were in Daoshu, a routine where the participant uses a broadsword, and Gunshu, a routine involving the use of a staff. The bronze medal was in Changquan, a routine where no weapons are employed, but there are kicking, running, leaping and whirling.

“It was truly an honor to participate in an international championship and represent the US,” said Shalini, who attends Stratford School Raynor in Sunnyvale. “It was a wonderful experience because I met athletes from many different nations and got to see how they practice and how they perform.”

The Pan American Wushu Championships, held Oct. 31-Nov. 5, was her first international competition but not her first Wushu tournament. In order to qualify for the Pan American championships, she competed at the US Junior Wushu team trials in Lubbock, Texas in April. Over the last several years, she has competed in the Chinese Martial Arts Tournament at UC-Berkeley, Tigerclaw in San Jose, and at a Las Vegas tournament in August 2016.

She was 7 years old when started at Wushu Central on Coleman Avenue in San Jose and loved it immediately. In 2016, after four years of intense study, she earned a first-degree black belt. Now, she has been practicing Wushu for almost seven years, and currently trains about 18-20 hours per week at Elite Kung Fu Academy in Fremont.

“I really like the focus and discipline that Wushu has instilled in me,” Shalini said. “Wushu has taught me that failures are an opportunity to learn and improve yourself. I used to lose in all of my initial tournaments, and at first, it made me upset and dejected. But the advice of my coaches helped me identify where I was weak, and helped me improve my performance.”

At the Stratford School Raynor, she is involved in speech and debate; math and biology are two subjects she most enjoys. For her, the lessons she has learned in Wushu carry over into her academic life.
    “Sometimes when I am exhausted after waiting several hours for my event to take place, or when I am suffering from an injury that makes me reconsider my decision to participate, I have found that I am able to gather the strength and courage to forge ahead and try to do my best,” Shalini said. “This spirit of perseverance has helped me at Stratford School also, especially with its value of exceeding expectations for both the teachers and students.”

In 2019, she has plans to compete again at CMAT and Tigerclaw, and is adding the Golden State International Wushu Championship to her schedule. She also hopes to qualify for 2019 World Kungfu Championships in China.

She knows her academic load will increase when she enters high school, but she wants to continue balancing classroom time and homework with Wushu.
    “Yes, I definitely want to stay involved with Wushu even in high school and beyond, because it is one of my best passions that I really want to pursue.”
    THREADS:
    Pan American Wushu Championships
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our newest exclusive web article

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Registration OPEN

Registration is open for the 2019 Tiger Claw Elite Championships & KUNG FU TAI CHI DAY - May 18-19, San Jose CA

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The 1st Tiger Claw Wooden Dummy Championship

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The Tiger Claw Push Hands Championship

The Tiger Claw Push Hands Championship returns to the 2019 Tiger Claw Elite Championships, May 18-19, San Jose, CA

THREADS
    Push hands
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Tiger Claw Elite Championships: MAY 18-19 2019

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

IWSD Grand Champions

NEW SHOWCASE EVENT at the Tiger Claw Elite KungFuMagazine.com Championship - The Overall International Wushu Sanshou Dao (IWSD) Grand Champions.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Pre-reg now!

PRE-REG NOW for the Tiger Claw Elite KungFuMagazine.com Championship for discounted rates! Rates go up this Friday, March 29.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The custom 2019 TCEC awards are posted

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips