Jul 24, 2018, 09:13am
New 'Alita: Battle Angel' Trailer Shows Off More Panzer Kunst Action
Ollie Barder
Contributor
I cover gaming in Japan as well the pop-culture here.

'Alita: Battle Angel' has a very nice new trailer.CREDIT: 20TH CENTURY FOX

With all manner of new trailers dropping during Comic-Con, one of the latest is for the upcoming Alita: Battle Angel. After hints in the teaser trailer last year, it seems the movie will indeed be showing off more of Alita’s lethal Panzer Kunst skills.

In the original manga, Gunnm, the martial art known as Panzer Kunst is incredibly effective against other cyborgs, even those much bigger than Alita.

Originally developed for use in zero gravity, Panzer Kunst is a key part of the narrative in the original story and I am curious to see how it will be developed here.

While I still find Alita’s overly large eyes still quite disconcerting, the rest of the movie looks like it will be spot on and that makes me very happy.

This has been a big passion project for James Cameron and has been a long time in coming. It’s very clear that Cameron is well versed in the original manga and while he is not directing this movie adaptation, his hand in its production is all too apparent.

We knew that back in 2010, Cameron was looking at the first four volumes of the manga as the basis of the movie’s story and that he really wanted to include the sport of Motorball.

Considering how often Hollywood messes up when it comes to live-action adaptations of manga and anime, Alita: Battle Angel may end up being the first one that gets it right.

Alita: Battle Angel is released in theaters this December.

THREADS
Alita: Battle Angel
Panzer Kunst