Thread: A Lifetime Treasure

A Lifetime Treasure

I've been trying to think of how best to present this because it's dense. I decided to present the full list on the Chollywood rising thread and partial lists to start new indie threads for the titles that look martially interesting or are relevant to other threads.

AFM 2018: The buzz titles from Hong Kong and China
    BY LIZ SHACKLETON 2 NOVEMBER 2018

Despite dipping box office and a censorship process slowing up the production pipeline, there are some knockout titles to get excited about for Chinese New Year.

SOURCE: WANDA PICTURES
    ‘AIRPOCALYPSE’

Mainland China’s film industry is going through a turbulent period. Despite the success of Bona Film Group’s Project Gutenberg, which grossed nearly $160m over the National Day holidays, box office was on a downward trend in October 2018 compared to the previous year. In addition, the censorship process has slowed following the Chinese authorities’ overhaul of their regulatory infrastructure and the government’s recent request that talent and production companies pay their back taxes has sent the industry into a spin.

As a result, production is expected to slow down in the last quarter of this year, which could result in a shortage of big titles in the second half of 2019, but there is still a large volume of films in production and post-production that are on offer at AFM. Big titles scheduled for release before the end of the year include Wanda Pictures’ fantasy drama Airpocalypse and Huayi Brothers’ action adventure Mojin: The Worm Valley.

Although it is still early days for scheduling, films jostling for release during the peak Chinese New Year holiday period in February 2019 include Mega-Vision Project Workshop’s Enter The Fat Dragon, starring Donnie Yen; Emperor Motion Pictures’ Integrity, directed by Alan Mak and starring Sean Lau and Nick Cheung; and Jackie Chan’s The Knight Of Shadows: Between Yin And Yang.

A Lifetime Treasure - dirs Mak Kai Kwong, Andrew Lam Man Chung
    Produced by Teddy Robin, this comedy is set in an old people’s home where the peace of an eccentric group of retirees is about to be shattered by a gangster out for revenge. Co-director Lam plays the retired doctor who runs the home, while the cast also includes Robin, Ivana Wong (Golden Chickens), Sammo Hung (My Beloved Bodyguard), Lam Suet (Trivisa) and Louis Cheung (Keeper Of Darkness). The film is in production for release over Chinese New Year 2019.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

a update

A LIFETIME TREASURE
    RU ZHU RU BAO
    BY KAI KWONG MAK , MAN CHUNG ANDREW LAM
    ENTERTAINING POWER CO. LTD - as SALES All rights / PROD

Comedy - Production 2018

Summary
    Year of production 2018
    Genres Comedy
    Countries HONG KONG (CHINA)
    Languages CANTONESE
    Director(s) Kai Kwong MAK , Man Chung Andrew LAM
    Cast Sammo HUNG, Louis CHEUNG, Ivana WONG, Teddy ROBIN, Man Chung Andrew LAM , Suet LAM , Bob LAM, Siu Lung LEUNG
    Synopsis In the long tradition of the celebrating Chinese New Year movies, we are proud to introduce A Lifetime Treasure.
    In a peaceful elderly home, life goes on around these unique persons: Master(starring Andrew LAM) the caring retired doctor who spent his life travelling the world to help people and now manages this elderly home. He has help from Ching (starring Ivana WONG), a nurse who work for him in all his previous adventures. Together, they take care of a group or lovely 5 retirees. Teddy (starring Teddy Robin) an ex-professional pickpocket, Fatty Crab (starring Sammo HUNG) a very smart ex-detective but now in a wheel chair, Uncle Lung (starring LEUNG Siu Lung) an ex-spy for the British secret service who vow to keep his mouth shut after the retirement, the sad Richard (starring Richard NG) an ex-professional swimmer whose son died in sea few years back and finally the elegant Wai (starring TIEN Niu) a retired Chinese opera actress.
    The well balance life of the elderly home is about to be shaken, when the gangster Marvin (starring LAM Suet) an old friend of Master, trying to set up a trap to take revenge on him...
    This sounds funny
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

First forum review

I should know better. This was a Chinese New Year flick. CNY flix can suck sometimes. They’re feel good, overblown with poignancy and sentimentality, full of quirky comedy that’s not funny unless you’re from HK, and they always wish you Happy New Year in the end.

This stars Sammo Hung. I can’t resist him. And Bruce Leung, who I was honored to interview in "From Bruce to the Beast and Beyond' (Winter 2020) plus a lot of veteran stars like Richard Ng and Lam Suet. Sammo spends the entire in a wheelchair. He's barely in it. Bruce plays a mute but he does have the fight against Dennis To. That’s the finale at an hour and a half. It's not a great fight but I'm glad there was at least a little Kung Fu in it.

It’s about a decrepit old folks home that a villain (Lam in a eyepatch) is trying to usurp. Everyone is crazy in the home and they bind together to thwart the plan. There’s an subplot where they’re making a movie called ‘zombie bathrobe’ that hardly makes sense.

I watched this on Amazon Prime and for some reason, it lists the movie a 3 and 1/2 hour but it's only an hour and a half. The remaining two hours is a blank screen.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips