Thread: Documentary on Ronnie Coleman

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Documentary on Ronnie Coleman

https://www.netflix.com/watch/810181...9f713ff42_ROOT

kinda sad.

esp when he talks about popping an oxy every 3-4 hours.

I've stopped watching tonight at that point...will pick it up later this weekend.

but, a bit of a message to those that think they want to push for 'greatness'

while I have not pushed myself anywhere near the degree Ronnie did, I did train for 28+ years. Small and 1 large injury sustained through that training and two major ankle injuries sustained through work have left me close to where he is depicted in this documentary.

I've been 3 weeks or so from hobbling around for days because of pain at the 8-9 level (which...what? pain is so perspective based how can there even be a scale someone asks you about?) At 'my' 10, I stop moving. That's happened twice in the last 6 months which has had me immobile for 2-3 days in a row.

props that he has figured out how to monetize his early success so it lasts through the end of his life...he wouldn't be driving a Rolls Royce if he wasn't fixed for life.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Name:  IMG_3455.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  83.8 KB
    Thanks for posting this. I just watched the movie last night. Poignant and touching. I've been a fan of Ronnie Coleman for many years; myself having also been into bodybuilding as well as working in law enforcement for most of my adult life. Back in 2002 my wife and I met Ronnie at our local gym and posed for pictures. I also gave him a copy of a book that I wrote some 20yrs ago and he later took the time to email me back saying, "I had to try the Taoist techniques and of course they worked! Apparently he does take the time to write back to all of his fans personally.

I too have had several training/martial arts/law enforcement- surgeries [two of them orthopedic] and other subsequent combative injuries that required substantial recovery time. As you age the realities of hard training and the results of actual physical combat become crystal clear. One learns the hard way: as strong as you may be, the body can still break very easily in the blink of an eye. As time goes on you learn to train smarter, safer and how to protect your joints, tendons and spine. Less is more and bigger is not always better.

Yes the documentary was a little sad. However Ronnie's work ethic and positive attitude are golden and inspirational. Not only is he a financial success but he continues to work through all of his limitations and aggressively rehabs like the humble warrior that he is. Hopeful and happy still enjoying life. And now even in his present condition using crutches and all he still looks good!

God speed Ronnie we love you!
    Last edited by robertdreeben; 11-11-2018 at 04:25 AM.
    Buy the best and cry once!