Thread: Asian Traditional Wushu (Kungfu) Championship

Asian Traditional Wushu (Kungfu) Championship

Kungfu masters show stunts at wushu championship in Nanjing(1/5)
    2018-11-30 13:23:02Ecns.cn Editor :Yao Lan 1

An athlete competes at the first Asian Traditional Wushu (Kungfu) Championship in Nanjing, East China’s Jiangsu province on November 29, 2018. The event attracts athletes from 12 countries and regions including China, Brunei, India, Japan, and Kazakhstan to take part in. (Photo: China News Service/ Yang Bo)
    I guess this is limited to Asian nations, unlike the World Traditional Kung Fu Championships I covered in my doc Shaolin Trips: The First World Traditional Wushu Festival. Although these pix above sure look like modern wushu...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Here's some news

PH wushu team hauls 11 medals from Asian tilt
    The Filipinos pocket 7 gold, 1 silver and 3 bronze medals in the 1st Asian Traditional Wushu Championships
    Delfin Dioquino
    Published 4:38 PM, December 03, 2018
    Updated 5:08 PM, December 03, 2018

GOLDEN GIRL. 2018 Asian Games bronze medalist Agatha Wong continues to impress in the regional scene. Photo from Asian Games media pool

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine wushu team had a massive 11-medal haul from the 1st Asian Traditional Wushu (Kung Fu) Championships in Nanjing, China from November 28 to 30.

Agatha Wong, a bronze medalist in the 2018 Asian Games, and Johnzenth Gajo bagged two gold medals apiece as the Filipinos hauled a total of 7 golds, 1 silver, and 3 bronzes.

The lone Filipina medalist, Wong reigned supreme in the Group B women's taijijian and Group B women's taijiquan events while Gajo ruled the Group A men's changquan and Group A men's short weapon events.

Philippine Sports Commission
    @psc_gov

LOOK: Philippine Wushu National Team hauls 7 golds, 1 silver and 3 bronzes in Asian Wuhsu (Kungfu) Championships.

#galingngatletangPILIPINO
    #parasainangbayanTranslate Tweet

8:02 PM - 2 Dec 2018
    Daniel Parantac, Thornley Quinley Sayan, and Jones Llabres Inso all won gold medals in Group B men's taijijian, Group B men's long weapon and Group B men's taijiquan, respectively.

Inso also struck silver in Group B of men's taijijian.

Parantac, Dave Degala, and Saundrex Gainsan pocketed a bronze each in the Group B men's taijiquan, Group B men's short weapon, and Group A men's changquan, respectively. – Rappler.com
    Maybe I'll search for more later.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart