Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Mindset

Wing Chun Mindset

Many of WCK practitioners have this loser mentality. You a winner or loser? Look at this guy:

http://www.maniacworld.com/Phone-Sal...zes-Crowd.html

And check yourself with these best practices:

http://mastersathlete.typepad.com/my...ity/index.html

Having a loser mentality just lets you see the negatives in the world. Yes, life is hard, but come on guys...

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    Many of WCK practitioners have this loser mentality. You a winner or loser? Look at this guy:

Having a loser mentality just lets you see the negatives in the world. Yes, life is hard, but come on guys...

Best regards,
    First of all, love your book, it was your book that made me re-look into WC.

We don't live in a vacum, never have and the things that surround us, effect us, both good and bad.
    Many people, not just WC people, dislike confrontation, other thrive on it.
    Placing a judgement on anyone is a tricky thing, the whole "walk a mile in their shoes" thing comes to mind.

Many "heroes" of today, were regarded as "losers" at one point ot another in their life, take Ghandi for example, or Einstein.

Judgement calls based on what WE know are only 50% right because they are not based on what OTHERS know.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Wow

What a voice, thanks for the post it made my day!

The winner article was good. Thanks. I don't watch vids much.

What brought this admonishment on?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

While I can greatly appreciate both of the links you provided, what exactly are you getting at? (I can guess by your statements, but I'd rather not, see below)

You said "Many of WCK practitioners have this loser mentality." - care to elaborate? Is this your opinion or are you stating 'fact'? In either case, could you please provide examples for this statement?
    Being a WCK practitioner myself, and while I know where I stand in this, really what's your point, and just WHO are you referring too?

Best regards,
    The first sentence is a no-brainer, but following it by the second requires some qualification IMO
    What 'guys' are you referring to here? With statements like this, it could be assumed that you are calling some people on this forum losers. I would say you are acting in the exact manner you are trying to preach against with this type of talk.

Jonathan
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 11-08-2007 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    The winner article was good. Thanks. I don't watch vids much.

What brought this admonishment on?
    It's worth watching this short clip...

In view of recent quibbling--I think Robert is trying to inspire the group to strive for greatness...
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Look at the recent quibbling and you know I want WCK as a whole to be great!

Who is this WHO?

WHO creates the quibbling mind?

The ego/mind/brain thrives on conflict - it creates greed, jealousy, anger, hatred, has ignorance and stupidity. It is basically a drug addict, wanting a fix of endorphins, glucose, oxygen, and the energy of your body.

Would you lend this drug addict $5K? He promises to pay you back tomorrow...

But most of you believe your mind...

Don't take your thoughts so seriously - who you are is greater than your thoughts.

So I see WCK as having a disease...

...you guys have to eradicate this disease and come into NOW.

If you don't know what I am talking about, you're still confused. But if you know what I am talking about, then we share the same idea.

Wake up! WCK practitioners, wake up.

Its not found in finding an identity, and then defending it at all costs.

No position, no opposition. Have position, have opposition.

I am really trying to help and not speaking to any particular person or group, nor admonishing.

I am really trying to help and not speaking to any particular person or group, nor admonishing.
    THe thing is, some here might think that you could perhaps really help by speaking to a particular student of yours about same, in the spirit of trying to achieve the goals you mention. After all, "WC as a whole" is made up of individuals, and charity begins at home.

If you don't know what I am talking about, you're still confused.
    Communication is a two way street. I could not know what you're talking about because your communication skills are inadequate, or because I'm confused. Automatically assuming the second is a bit egotistical, don't you think?

And, realistically, you ARE admonishing ... not that there's anything wrong with that ...
    Last edited by anerlich; 11-08-2007 at 07:12 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Look at the recent quibbling and you know I want WCK as a whole to be great!

Who is this WHO?

WHO creates the quibbling mind?...

...So I see WCK as having a disease...

...you guys have to eradicate this disease and come into NOW.

If you don't know what I am talking about, you're still confused. But if you know what I am talking about, then we share the same idea.

Wake up! WCK practitioners, wake up.

Its not found in finding an identity, and then defending it at all costs.

No position, no opposition. Have position, have opposition.

I am trying the best I can to understand this post from you, chusauli. I have also read your books and have often wondered how much research you have put in to 'find' all these branches of Wing Chun. And now you let me see a little of your character, online, in a forum, totally poisoning the Wing Chun world that made you with your own contradictory words!

You say you 'see Wing Chun as having a disease'. Please explain for the sake of every new practitioner and forum member what you mean, as I personally was shocked to read such harsh words, especially when I consider where they have originated from.

IMHO the only 'disease' Wing Chun people have been 'infected' with is the MMA phenomenon sweeping the Four Corners of the World these days, and it may also be the MMA community that can ease the strength and strain of the virus. They have to 'see' by training themselves 'with us', learn what respect and 'Mo Duk' is for example before criticising our traditions. We don't all want to be an extreme athlete living to fight in a cage, at least I hope not.

Am I a winner or loser? To be honest, I really don't care lol! I just like the participation. Have you never heard this 'oldskool' expression?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    And now you let me see a little of your character, online, in a forum, totally poisoning the Wing Chun world that made you with your own contradictory words!

You say you 'see Wing Chun as having a disease'. Please explain for the sake of every new practitioner and forum member what you mean, as I personally was shocked to read such harsh words, especially when I consider where they have originated from.
    Although I don't agree with all of the detractors...

Robert is right..

First off when we criticize WCK or WCK performance, it's not some violation of the sacred scrolls of the holy founders of WCK... In fact not criticizing bad WCK performance or training is worse than doing so because it contributes to the mess of garbage.. Disease is a little extreme.. I think Robert is talking about the fact that most WCK sucks--and it does.. All you have to do is sample different schools and watch videos of schools on the net.. What you see is 98%(KF) garbage.. So if there is a disease in the system the disease must be the good stuff infecting the bad stuff, since there is so much more bad than good..

But in the end there isn't much anyone can do about the lack of quality WCK out there.. There is no law against teaching bad WCK or training bad WCK or any other style.. All anyone can do is try to do the best they can and pass the word about how to get better.. T does this pretty well for the most part.. Most of what he says is right on the money, right up to where he says other folks who do train hard suck without showing the right way; and saying that the "basic training" of the system sucks,which I don't agree with if it's trained hard and trained well...

So in the end I really don't think there is any cure.. Time will tell what the fate of this funny little boxing art from China will be in years to come.. In the mean time all anyone can say is explore what others are doing; explore what the true meaning of the system is; and try to keep it real by training hard and going outside your comfort zone..
    Last edited by YungChun; 11-09-2007 at 05:19 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Jim,

I don't see Robert saying anything like that at all. Unfortunately, he still isn't being very specific. What I see him doing is pointing out issues with individuals and maybe a larger group of practitioners, not the system of WC itself.

In his first post he states "Many of WCK practitioners have this loser mentality". And then he follows it with "Having a loser mentality just lets you see the negatives in the world. Yes, life is hard, but come on guys..."
    I think it's pretty **** clear what he's saying. He is saying that, in his most 'expert' opinion, there are loser WCK practitioners, right here on this forum. Being one of those members, should I take insult? Since he still hasn't qualified these statements, I'd say he just trolling.

In his second post he speaks of WC as having a disease - yet it's up to US to irradicate it. How very nobel of him to come to WC's rescue. And now that he's been so kind as to point out this disease, he leaves it to us to find a cure..
    How many here believe WC has a disease?? I think if Robert is to be taken seriously in his cause for a cure, MAYBE he could be just a LITTLE more specific as to what this disease really is! You have to identify the cause before you can finr a cure. So, what is this 'disease' he speaks of?

And I laugh at this statement "Wake up! WCK practitioners, wake up." Just who does he think is sleeping around here?

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with WCK itself. Sure, maybe there's some issues with some of it's practitioners (or a lot, but who am I to say?), but that's talking of individual people - I can't see how this directly relates to WC having a disease. I for one don't feel I need his 'saving' either. If he wanted to post something motivational, I think starting off by calling people losers isn't the most positive way to go about it.

If he's really trying to help, I guess I just don't get it...
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 11-09-2007 at 12:56 PM.

My colleagues,

WCK's disease is the ego, the false mind, the little "me". Not even MMA, or other arts. We'll destroy WCK if we succumb to the falseness of the mind/ego and ultimately destroy it if we cannot resolve our own inner conflicts. Remember much of the problems in life come from this. WCK should be actively used as a tool to solve problems.

Reread my posts in this thread and then we'll know what I've written here. If you've perceived my writings as insulting, perhaps you need to look again with fresh eyes. I only mean the best for all practitioners.

Best regards,

My colleagues,

WCK's disease is the ego, the false mind, the little "me". Not even MMA, or other arts. We'll destroy WCK if we succumb to the falseness of the mind/ego and ultimately destroy it if we cannot resolve our own inner conflicts. Remember much of the problems in life come from this. WCK should be actively used as a tool to solve problems.

Reread my posts in this thread and then we'll know what I've written here. If you've perceived my writings as insulting, perhaps you need to look again with fresh eyes. I only mean the best for all practitioners.

Best regards,
    The Ego is the weakness of all MA practioners in one way or another.
    WCK does have alot of it, either riding its "nuts" or being obessed in regards to how "ineffective" it is.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

"I " have no Ego.

"I am something" there is where ego starts and all problem starts.

what is wing chun teaching?
    a teaching to get one to return to "I" or

a teaching to promote " I am something and I am always the best and you are no good?"

That is how your wingchun mindset starts.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The Ego is the weakness of all MA practioners in one way or another.
    WCK does have alot of it, either riding its "nuts" or being obessed in regards to how "ineffective" it is.
    what is ego? what is identity?

how to post with identity

how to post with ego?

how to post without ego?

Isnt the Kuen Kuit said, Comes accept it, Goes return it, let go and thrust forward, using silence to manage action?

When two people syncronize thier breathing isnt it one get into the kuen kuit's state? are there still WCK and EGO in that state?