Thread: RIP Grandmaster Vince Lacey

RIP Grandmaster Vince Lacey

Posted on Buk Sing Kung Fu Academy's facebook page
    Buk Sing Kung Fu Academy
    17 hrs ·

It is with deep sadness and heartfelt sorrow that we are announcing the passing of our beloved family member, Master Vince Lacey. Master Lacey's life and career were dedicated to the teaching for others.

Whether you came to the kwoon for the very first time, or have been a long and loyal dedicated student of the Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut lineage, Master Vince Lacey considered you as his family. He believed in working and training hard and to understand the essence of humanity would always bring you closer to self-realization and personal enlightenment.

Master Vince Lacey had many characteristics. Wether it be the tough exterior, or the soft heart, he was always the loving husband, father, grandfather and teacher.

We ask you all at this time not to be in sadness of the passing of Master Vince Lacey’s, but to acknowledge the joy in what he has brought to so many in bettering their lives as a mentor to the countless individuals in the martial arts world.

If you cared for Master Vince Lacey and respected him as a human being, he would not want you to sit idle in a mournful state, but to best honor him with truth, sincerity and integrity and stay true to his philosophy of never give up.

A warrior to the end, Master Vince Lacey leaves us a legacy the world will know for generations to come.

Though he is now gone, his musings and teachings will remain forever.

At this time, we ask you to please respect our privacy wishes and giving us the time to reflect and begin to start the healing process.

To the Buk Sing Community, and to all who knew Master Vince Lacey, we his family thank you for your love and support.

Master Vince Lacey was beloved husband, father, grandfather, friend and teacher

Sincerely,

The Lacey Family

I knew Grandmaster Lacey. He used to come by Lam Kwoon when I worked there to buy weapons and visit with my first Sifu, Wing Lam. His school is here in Fremont, near Tiger Claw HQ, and we occasionally crossed paths at the mall or some where. He had been in the hospital last I had heard.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Memorial is this Friday

MAY 3
    Buk Sing Kung Fu Academy
    Public · Hosted by Buk Sing Kung Fu Academy

Buk Sing Kung Fu Academy
    37427 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, California 94536

The Memorial Service for Grand Master Vince Lacey will be held Friday, May 3rd from 6pm - 8:30pm at Buk Sing Kung Fu Academy 37427 Fremont Blvd.

Master Greglon Lee just called me to pass word.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Sad to hear about the passing of Master Vince Lacey. Seems like we are at the end of an era as of late in the Kung Fu community in the U.S. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_KM7nNCZgg

Oh man... another martial great passed on. Sifu Lacey and his son Shane were a big presence in the martial community for me, growing up in the Tri-cities. Vince Lacey was a true martial tiger and Shane always represented at the tournaments. May the Buk Sing Choy Li Fut lineage be carried on strong in this generation and the ones to come!

herb ox

PS shouldn't this be posted in the Northern styles forum? Buk Sing was the Northern variant of Choy Li Fut, after all ;-)
    Last edited by herb ox; 05-07-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by herb ox View Post
    PS shouldn't this be posted in the Northern styles forum? Buk Sing was the Northern variant of Choy Li Fut, after all ;-)
    RIP to Master Vince Lacey.

herb ox:
    All CLF is a combination of northern and southern influences to varying degrees.