Thread: The Monkey King

The Monkey King

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

First forum review - belated

This was bad. So terribly bad. It completely scrambled up the Journey to the West for no reason apart from telling its own dumb tale which doesn’t even hold a candle to the original.

Jimmy O Yang and monkey and Bowen Yang as the Dragon King. Jo Koy and Stephanie Hsu have tiny roles and Hoon Lee and Ron Yuan also are heard (actors I only know because they’ve been in projects that I’ve reported on).

I wish I could support this cast but the story is so off its mark. And the animation is garish, cgi misguided. Very disappointing but I wasn’t expecting much.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    This was bad. So terribly bad. It completely scrambled up the Journey to the West for no reason apart from telling its own dumb tale which doesn’t even hold a candle to the original.

Jimmy O Yang and monkey and Bowen Yang as the Dragon King. Jo Koy and Stephanie Hsu have tiny roles and Hoon Lee and Ron Yuan also are heard (actors I only know because they’ve been in projects that I’ve reported on).

I wish I could support this cast but the story is so off its mark. And the animation is garish, cgi misguided. Very disappointing but I wasn’t expecting much.
    I watched about 25 minutes of it at night, went to sleep, and have not continued it since....