Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
Hi Djuan.

From what I know of these forms;

There is a style in china called Mizong Yi and YanQing Quan. However Mizong is not always related to this. The name is also given to a form that has lost the track of its lineage. Sometimes when there is a random form that no one knows where it comes from but they want to preserve it they call it Mizong. I slightly suspect Shaolin Xinyi Mizong may be of the kind as this. Its techniques are clearly Shandong Province but its hard to say more. ITs a great form though.

Zhaoyang quan is mainly Luohan Quan material and a bit of Shaolin TanTui. Actually there are 4 forms. There is the short one which gets called variously Zhaoyang, Chaoyang and Guanchao, then there is the old one which is very long, that has 3 sections. It is always called Zhaoyang. It has 3 sections so there are a total of 4 forms but it is itself all one connected form. One of my Masters, Shi YongWen, knew the whole thing but didn't teach it. He did publish a book in the 80's with the second section in it. I know from him the manual. It is more interesting than the short form. But as I say, it is mainly Luohan Quan. It was passed down by Shi Degen so is probably Temple orthadox. Judging by the 3 sections I would say it is nanyuan pai.

Here is the list of techniques in the 3 section old Zhaoyang:
双抱拳,云顶恨脚海底炮,弓步劈心锤,拉弓式,单彩脚,打虎型,拧手单踢,劈心锤,双摘,双分 掌,虎 头劈心锤,双叉盖手,双风耳,老虎大张嘴,双分大鹏展翅,里摆腿,小提鞋,冲心肘,撩裆腿,外 摆莲, 跳小单叉,顶心肘,鹞子钻天,五花坐山架. 第三路动作名称 双抱拳、五花坐山架、跳步地锤、后扳手、双风贯耳合手雷、旋风脚、单推掌、提插掌、海 底捞月、跳步邪行、交叉手、虎出洞、掠手双分、回头望月、冲天炮、单拍膝双抱、提腿冲 天炮、磕干腿、十字脚、白鹤亮翅、顺手牵羊、仙人摘茄、双耳贯风、抗肘、单彩脚、以推、 迎面撒、肋下肘、撩裆腿、外摆莲、旋风脚、踢干腿、鹞子钻天、纵跳下叉手、地锤、后蹬 腿、枯树盘根、弓步七星、蹲桩单开门、十字脚、劈心锤、坐山架。 第四路动作名称 双抱拳、抓地入泥、迎面撒、冲心肘、扳手、双风贯耳、老虎大张嘴、合手、倒摆莲、小束 身、击步腕

QiXing Quan:

QiXing Quan is from Qixing Ba. Qixing Ba is a set of individual techniques based on the 4 animals "Gibbon, Rooster, Tiger, Dragon". There are 4 taolu forms, one for each animal. The popular Qixing Quan is a combination fo the Gibbon and Rooster forms. IT si the version from Mogou village (where Changhuxinyimen also comes from). The old QiXing Ba with 4 forms is much more interesting and has an overlap of techniques with Xinyiba (such as QiLuo shaungba and Hupuba and Yishenshanba). Qixing quan is part of Shaolins "Xinyimen". There is much xinyi style in the area and this is the meeting of xinyi styles with Shaolin proper.

I learned all 4 forms, I have a video of the Dragon one, may try to upload soon. All the forms follow the same pattern but with different techniques.

Changhuxinyimen. This form is a combination of the Mogou village Xiao Hong QUan combined with Xinyimen Shaolin.

The Xioahongquan of Mogou is from Emperer HOngWu, the first emperor of the ming dynasty. There was a large battle fought in songshan and many soldiers stayed and local conscripted so the whole area has taizu hong quan (taizu means first emperor of a dynasty so there is both ming taizu and song taizu and they often get confused).

Hope that helps, I don't have so much time to get on here often

RDH

much thanks for this RDH !!
Amituofo