Thread: Chintya Candranaya, Indonesian Silat Phe

Chintya Candranaya, Indonesian Silat Phe

Sorry, the title should read, "Indonesian Silat Phenom".

I recently discovered her videos completely by accident, while searching on YouTube for something non-martial arts-related(!). Chintya comes across as very hard-working, humble, and very skillful. IMO, she is the closest recent thing I've seen to a "new Bruce Lee", male or female, but she has her own identity. I don't watch much MA stuff anymore, but I find her inspiring, even if I don't train her style. Her basic skills are solid and phenomenal, something that's become increasingly difficult to find among many younger MAists nowadays. Especially with her kicks which, IMO, she is even better at than, say, old-school super-kicker John Liu (Liu Chung-Liang). Unlike many super-kickers, Chintya is fully ambidextrous with her kicks.

Predictably, she isn't without her critics. Some YouTube commenters/nut riders question her authenticity as a MAist for not fighting in MMA. This has no relevance. She is doing her own thing. Good for her. I'm sure her armchair critics can do better.

Following are a few of her videos:

Last edited by Jimbo; 06-28-2019 at 03:51 PM.

I don't know what (if any) negative long-term effects this training might have on her health (hopefully none), but for now, she is showing some of the amazing potential of the human body in MA.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 06-28-2019 at 03:59 PM.

was watching her a while ago, and saw her doing ma bu for sure with what looked like ma bu Huà gōng from ba dua jin, she said she "does this while I sit" I suppose to draw her mind from the burning in the thighs and all I could do was think of how I do the same thing during long ma bu training , first thing came to mind, either her teacher has influence from Shaolin (Si-lat/Si-Lum?), or the MA in their region comes from a wandering Luohan. lol

side note: she is an inspiration, glad its a woman doing it too. training like this is usually seen as macho and excessive to a lot of traditionalists, especially the "silk weavers" , as beautiful as they are (not like the Beijing opera troupe from GRANDMASTER), MA needs its yin and yang at all times! Great show of the gentle woman being hard as steel and sturdy as a mountain. She would be a monster with some WuDang or Shaolin technique mixed with her Silat.

Amituofo
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator

Interesting Jimbo - thanks for the share

Coincidentally, my research has taken me into the world of Pencak Silat lately.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart