Thread: #bottlecapchallenge

#bottlecapchallenge

I've been meaning to post about this martial arts trend, maybe start a thread, but I think Donnie just won it.

It's an embedded vid in his instagram channel so you have to click through to see it.

donnieyenofficial's profile picture
    donnieyenofficial
    Verified

Bullet Films Productions Limited
    Click video for sound

donnieyenofficial's profile picture
    donnieyenofficial
    Verified
    Chirrut feeling the force + Ip man’s steady aim + no plastic bottle = the universe strongest 😆
    #bottlecapchallenge @sweetcil #donnieyen #甄子丹 #宇宙最強 #ipman #action #宇宙最強甄子丹 #chirrutimwe #starwars #rogueone #noplasticbottle #torontoraptors #nbachampions #raptors #bulletfilms #superbulletpictures @bulletfilmsofficial @superbulletpictures

THREADS
    Donnie Yen: Uber Awesome !!
    #bottlecapchallenge
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'm enjoying all this martial viral attention...

...even if it's the Biebs...

Justin Bieber Calls Out Tom Cruise In Bottle Cap Challenge
    BY : EMILY BROWN ON : 08 JUL 2019 09:11

Justin Bieber bottle cap challengeJustin Bieber/Instagram

After a failed attempt at coercing him into a fight, Justin Bieber decided to try and get Tom Cruise to take on the bottle cap challenge.

The singer first put forward a proposition last month, when, out of the blue, he tagged UFC President Dana White and said he wanted to challenge Cruise in the Octagon.

Unfortunately the Mission Impossible star didn’t take Bieber up on the offer, so the 25-year-old decided to go down a different route.

He completely smashed the bottle cap challenge on Instagram and nominated Cruise to go next:

After suggesting the fight and laying on the trash-talk towards Cruise on Twitter, TMZ report Bieber later admitted he was joking and that the actor would probably ‘whoop [his] ass.’

ADVERTISING

His original tweet read:

I wanna challenge Tom Cruise to fight in the octagon. Tom if you dont take this fight your scared and you will never live it down. Who is willing to put on the fight? @danawhite ?

Justin Bieber

@justinbieber
    I wanna challenge Tom Cruise to fight in the octagon. Tom if you dont take this fight your scared and you will never live it down. Who is willing to put on the fight? @danawhite ?

17:34 - 9 Jun 2019
    Twitter Ads information and privacy
    85.7K people are talking about this
    However there’s obviously some part of the singer which still wants to best Cruise and the bottle cap challenge is certainly a less violent way to try and go about that.

Though, Bieber did say ‘this could be Tom Cruise’s head’ before kicking the bottle cap into oblivion, so I guess he’s not afraid to get physical.

Justin Bieber/Instagram

On the off chance you’ve so far managed to avoid seeing any bottle cap challenge-related videos, allow me to explain. The viral challenge encourages people to get the cap off a bottle without unscrewing it with their hands. Most people have opted to kick the cap off, though Mariah Carey used her voice to get the job done.

Check out Ryan Reynolds’ attempt here:

It’s not clear why Bieber is encouraging this apparent rivalry with Cruise but at least it’s entertaining for us to witness. Admittedly it would be much more entertaining if Cruise got involved, though.

In the caption of the video, the What Do You Mean singer said he nominated his wife Hailey as well as Cruise. Unfortunately the actor doesn’t appear to have an official Instagram account, so we’ll have to rely on word of mouth to get the message to him.

PA

I can’t imagine the bottle cap challenge would be too taxing for Cruise, given all the intricate stunts he’s performed in the past, but we’ll have to just wait and see if he decides to take it on!

If he does, we’d have to hope it would go better than Ryan Reynolds’ attempt.
    THREADS
    #bottlecapchallenge
    Justin Bieber v Tom Cruise
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

time coverage

THE INTERNET HAS ACCEPTED THE BOTTLE CAP CHALLENGE. IT'S REALLY KICKING OFF
    BY ASHLEY HOFFMAN
    UPDATED: JULY 9, 2019 9:23 AM ET | ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: JULY 2, 2019

Bottle caps of the world, look out. People are coming to kick you off.

There are few things to know about the latest challenge to make the internet rounds, the bottle cap challenge: A pro who kicks for a living originated it, and it’s a pretty challenging challenge to mimic the precise balanced spin and kick move that ideally takes the cap clean off while leaving the bottle standing.

Once the reigning UFC Featherweight champ Max Holloway for whom kicking a target was already in his wheelhouse kicked us off, the artist John Mayer, mixed martial artist Conor McGregor, and the actor Jason Statham soon followed accepting the bottle cap challenge. (Errolson Hugh had challenged Hollowy first after Farabi Davletchin challenged him and so on and so on.) Even Ellie Goulding got into the game.

“Suck it,” she captioned her contribution.

Embedded video

Ellie Goulding

@elliegoulding
    Suck it

7:26 AM - Jul 2, 2019
    25.4K people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    “Passing this on to our guy John Mayer,” Holloway captioned his effort.

The choreography is pretty impressive, but martial art expertise is not a barrier to participation, all bottle cap fighters are welcome too to have a crack too.

Embedded video

Max Holloway

@BlessedMMA
    Be curious my friends! #challengeaccepted #bottlecapchallenge Passing this on to our guy @JohnMayer …. hey John if you can’t complete this challenge @erlsn and I decided you have to come to Hawaii after your tour and kick it with us until you complete it! 🦶🍾😅 🙏⚡🤙 👊

9:58 AM - Jun 28, 2019
    8,463 people are talking about this
    Eventually Mariah Carey had everyone beat.

See some of the collective internet’s best attempts at the bottle cap challenge below.

Challenge accepted.

Embedded video

Conor McGregor

@TheNotoriousMMA
    Excellent job Jason Statham, I tip my cap to you.
    I’ll take it from here.
    I nominate Floyd Mayweather. @properwhiskey

2:46 PM - Jul 1, 2019
    25.1K people are talking about this

UFC

@ufc
    · Jun 28, 2019
    The best is blessed. (via @BlessedMMA)

Embedded video

UFC

@ufc
    He accepted @BlessedMMA's challenge! 😱👀

(via @JohnMayer)

3:06 PM - Jun 29, 2019
    Embedded video
    2,671 people are talking about this
    Embedded video

Daniel O'Reilly

@dapperlaughs
    I saw @TheNotoriousMMA do the #BottleCapChallenge so I stepped it up a gear! TRY THIS IF YOU GOT THE NUTS! 🙏🥋

4:38 AM - Jul 2, 2019
    7,610 people are talking about this
    Embedded video

The Sportsman

@TheSportsman
    🍾 Jon Jones with the best #BottleCapChallenge so far...

📱 Insta: jonnybones

12:36 AM - Jul 2, 2019
    410 people are talking about this
    Embedded video

BSN

@BallStreet
    Seen a few of these #BottleCapChallenge videos floating around but surely nothing will top this one?

2:46 AM - Jul 2, 2019
    789 people are talking about this
    Embedded video

Jutsu
    @JutsuCosplay
    #bottlecapchallenge !! Nothing better to try it on than my favourite $5 bottle of wine 👌😂

10:55 PM - Jul 1, 2019
    1,822 people are talking about this
    Everyone’s got their own spin on it of course.

Embedded video

tonny
    @tonnyaujongole
    Inspired by Jason Statham.. 😂😂#BottleCapChallenge

12:46 AM - Jul 2, 2019
    104 people are talking about this
    Embedded video

Manuk Biak
    @arthurhenry97
    Challenge accepted ! #JasonStatham #BottleCapChallenge

12:58 AM - Jul 2, 2019
    See Manuk Biak's other Tweets
    You could always just twist it off by hand, but that’s less impressive.

Write to Ashley Hoffman at Ashley.Hoffman@time.com.
    I try not to send y'all off the forum here too much, but this is worth the click to see all the embedded vids. It's too much work to embed all those vids.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

my fav so far

"色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator

Challenging the challenge

All of these internet challenges are kinda dumb. But this one is kinda cool for martial arts peeps.

Sophie Turner Slams The Bottle Cap Challenge In Anti-Bottle Cap Challenge Instagram Story Rant
    Powerful stuff.
    Posted on July 15, 2019, at 11:50 a.m.
    Matt Stopera
    BuzzFeed Staff

Last week, Snoop Dogg bravely became the first celebrity to speak out on the bottle cap challenge.

instagram.com
    "Quit f*cking kicking tops off of bottles, you goofy motherf*ckers. Who the f*ck making up these ******* challenges?"

instagram.com

Now, in a raw, unfiltered Instagram story, Sophie Turner is joining him.

Jd Images / JD Images/Shutterstock

With the fearless caption, "I look terrible but someone's gotta do it," Sophie told us exactly how she felt.

[IMG]https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2019-07/15/17/asset/65f8e6259ca1/sub-buzz-4206-1563210488-1.jpg?downsize=800:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto[/IMG]
    Sophie Turner's Instagram story

On a (probably) private jet because she has that "Game Of Thrones" money, Sophie wound up as if she was going to do the challenge.

[IMG]https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2019-07/15/17/asset/3fb614b9979f/sub-buzz-4803-1563210492-1.png?downsize=800:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto[/IMG]

But no, Sophie was not going to kick that cap off.

[IMG]https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2019-07/15/18/asset/78c5de533381/sub-buzz-5220-1563215626-1.png?downsize=800:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto[/IMG]

"Stop this," the anti-bottle cap challenge warrior snapped. "Now," the first lady of twisting off caps quipped.

[IMG]https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2019-07/15/18/asset/bd288391bd29/sub-buzz-5078-1563215571-7.png?downsize=800:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto[/IMG]

Then she twisted off the cap and took a swig of wine.

[IMG]https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2019-07/15/17/asset/39a79532008f/sub-buzz-676-1563210490-1.jpg?downsize=800:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto[/IMG]

And really, that's it. You can watch her brutal takedown here:
    Embedded video

Isa
    @Isaguor
    I just want to say that my opinion is the same as Sophie turner’s about this bottle cap challenge and all the dumb challenges in general.

2:38 PM - Jul 12, 2019
    17 people are talking about this
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

nuclear police

Anger as cop with machine gun kung-fu kicked bottle top while guarding power plant
    Footage shows the grinning officer spinning round before knocking off the water bottle lid with just his foot at the Dungeness nuclear power plant in Kent

By Brendan McFadden
    12:46, 29 JUL 2019

The policeman brandished a machine gun as he kung-fu kicked a bottle cap (Image: Twitter)

A nuclear power plant policeman has been told off by his bosses after doing a kung-fu to knock off a bottle top as part of viral challenge.

Footage shows the grinning officer completing the stunt while holding a machine gun at the Dungeness plant in Kent.

A clip of the unnamed officer completing the 'bottle cop challenge' was posted on Twitter by the Civil Nuclear Constabulary (CNC) - but it was deleted soon afterwards.

It tweeted: "What do you think of our effort for the #bottletopchallenge? Do any of our policing friends fancy rising to the challenge? @nuclear*police #police #bottlecapchallenge"

The police officer was later spoken to about his actions at the plant which is a top terrorist target.

A spokesperson for the CNC told the Sun: "We were made aware of a tweet from Dungeness which contained a video of the bottle-top challenge.

"The officer has been given appropriate management advice."

A CNC spokesman later told the Mirror Online: “We were recently made aware of a Tweet from officers at Dungeness, which contained a video of the bottle-top challenge.

The officer was taking part in the 'bottle-cap challenge' (Image: Twitter)

Moment brave bystanders rescue man and child from drowning in lake

"The officer concerned had already deleted the video having reflected on whether it was appropriate or not.

"The video and tweet were not an example of how we would want our social media account to be used and the officer concerned has been given appropriate management advice."

An angry local slammed the officer, saying: "Armed police d****** about with firearms while people are getting stabbed on the streets?

"How can you be an armed officer and do things like that?."

Dungeness power station in Kent is a top terror target (Image: PA)

The CNC protects ten sites across the UK, eight of which have armed police, and guards nuclear materials.

There are 1,500 officers in total and they can be deployed to other areas during terror attacks such as the Manchester bombing in 2017.
    I'm a bit disappointed that no one here took up this challenge, but then I didn't either.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

For anyone too dim to understand the applications of Jade Egg...

Unwrapping the Beef: Kim Anami's Kung-Fu Vagina Vs. Dr. Jen Gunter's Medical License

Joan Summers
    Thursday 3:00pm

Screenshot: Kim Anami

How strong is your vagina? Can it shoot bullets and shatter steel with the sheer force of its gargantuan, mysterious strength? It’s a question that bothers me daily—mine can do neither! Gynecologist Dr. Jen Gunter asked the same question when she shared a 2017 Instagram post on Tuesday from “Vaginal Kung Fu expert” Kim Anami. In the post, Anami challenged the internet’s favorite gynecologist to a “vagina-off,” claiming Gunter’s frequent challenges of the “Yoni Egg” (made famous by Goop) were absolute bull****. Predictably confused, I spent the better part of my morning unwrapping a beef too heavy to carry with my own vagina.

January 2, 2014

Nearly six years ago, an unknown sex expert posts “Vaginal Kung Fu Promo” on kimanami.com. In a supposed three-part video series (which I could find no trace of) she makes the claim that “healthy vaginas” can topple mountains, unseat tyrants, eject torpedoes, and hypnotically control the brain patterns of the modern man. And despite asking me to provide an email address for full access to the “seminar,” the hyperlink appeared to be broken. Sad!

January 9, 2015

Image: Kim Anami

Kim Anami posts a blog. She claims that her latest endeavor is a “global campaign to raise the awareness of vaginal superpowers.” Her plans include “traveling to different locales and shooting images of objects indigenous to the regions being lifted with my vagina.”

March 11, 2015

Buzzfeed posts a video in collaboration with Anami on how to be a “well-****ed” woman. In the video, which is the earliest mainstream coverage I could find of our pelvic powerlifter, she claims that her practice will strengthen a woman’s ability to “shoot ping pong balls across the room.” She repeatedly stresses that a “weak” vagina will “atrophy and go numb.” The video has almost 15,000,000 views. Buzzfeed added a disclaimer: “Kim Anami is not a medical professional. If you have questions, please ask your doctor before trying at home.”

July 4, 2017

Image: Kim Anami

In a blog nearly two years later, Kim Anami takes her shot at Dr. Gunter. Directly addressing the gynecologist, she “challenges” her to a “vagina-off.”

First things first. As the owner of the (second) strongest vagina in the world—you may have seen me and my vagina travel the planet, lifting objects and showing people what strong, empowered and happy vaginas can do—I need to school you in a few things jade egg. I’m a 20-year-committed practitioner and teacher of jade/yoni egg vaginal strengthening. You’ve come out with some correct and incorrect statements about jade eggs. Let’s “wield the lasso of truth”, as you like to say, and set things straight.
    The lasso of truth then targets Dr. Gunter’s many public statements on the effectiveness of jade eggs. Specifically, Anami’s blog attacked the gynecologist’s blog addressed to Gwyneth Paltrow and her wellness empire, GOOP, which helped launch her to the forefront of the internet’s attention. I’ve listed my favorite of Anami’s “comebacks” below:

“I have Tantric sex for hours—and I mean hours—on end. ?? Am I at risk for toxic shock?”

“Image: Me and my Oscar-winning vagina on Hollywood Boulevard, symbolically standing on the star of Hedy Lamarr—because beauty, brains and vagina are where it’s at.”

“Does your partner sterilize his ***** before entering you?”

“Wrong again.”

“Most OBGYNs incorrectly tell their patients to randomly flap their vaginas in the wind, with nothing inside of their vaginas.”

“Just because something hasn’t been “scientifically proven” doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.”

“I am so confident of the phenomenal results that will be shown, I’m willing to bet $100,000- that my vaginas will surpass yours in all of these areas: Orgasms, Natural lubrication, Ejaculation, Sexual pleasure and sensation, Overall rejuvenation of sex lives and thus their relationships/marriages, Libido, reversal of urinary stress incontinence, Improvement in PMS, difficult periods and menopause.”

July 5, 2017-July 22, 2019:
    Footage not found.

July 23, 2019
    Nearly two years later, Dr. Jen Gunter discovers Kim Anami’s “vagina-off.”

Jennifer Gunter
    @DrJenGunter
    This woman who carries heavy objects with her vagina has challenged me to a vagina-off and all I can say is that’s not how it works. That’s not how any of it works.

As Dr. Gunter later admits,
    “Apparently, this person and her squad don’t know I am a doctor and think it is hilarious I haven’t responded. But as I wasn’t tagged, I am pretty sure my answer wasn’t really wanted.”
    Looking back at my time with her—I feel bad for Kim Anami! She spent the better part of a decade inserting decorative lamps into her vagina at various global hotspots and shouting at the void. But like most internet feuds involving an Instagram post and a “wellness” blogger, the results rarely satisfy. At least she had her ping-pong ball party trick!

Kim Anami
    @KimAnami
    #bottlecapchallenge⁠
    #challengeaccepted⁠

“I win.” ⁠

Strength matters. ⁠

Sexual skills matter. ⁠

Get schooled at summer sex school. ⁠

The Well-F*cked Woman opens for registration on July 17th. ⁠

Are you coming?

(link: https://kimanami.com/the-well-fked-woman/) kimanami.com/the-well-fked-…
    In hopeful news, the famous adjacent “sex expert” was last seem unscrewing bottle caps with her extremely large and muscular vagina. Thirsty, Kim?
    You must follow the link to Kim's twitter at the very bottom of the article above. srsly.

THREADS
    Jade Egg Master Kim Anami
    #bottlecapchallenge
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Trending: Mariah Carey Bottle Cap Challenge

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips