Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to fix knee pain

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

Djuan I Couldn't See The Pain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blYxIGHPYTQ In fact the angle of the thigh should reflect your skill level.--higher either means you are more functional user you fight or do applications. Deeper is more for training-better flexibility should come from drills as form practice a combination functional and training. Flexibility by drilling flexibility is more show and allows ability to get into position but require strength and functionality for better usable.

Keep your heels on the ground unless you do a cat stance /false step stance.

Rear foot is always toes forward flat foot. You can be completely straight if you step to the side of your front foot. This turns in the thigh supporting your stance I think.-Ernie Moore Jr.

When you step forward step-out some so the heels are not on the same line in that direction.

Use socks wit grip on bottom or no socks or a mat with more friction--slipping stresses your knees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hlxYxUhwjY&feature=youtu.be
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Blog Entries

To Get That Good Pop

Flex (bend), tighten, (keep tightening throughout)slow extend; play with twisting as extending...that's the wiggling the air from it's stuck place for it to pass.-Ernie Moore Jr.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Lol I'm glad I don't train there then

@ No_Know, I appreciate the input man, I have been working on my R knee for a while now, it's much better than it was a year ago. I will try to get another video up of some positive results
    ...... aaaaand maybe some stances.
    just for sport & the discussion, keep the forum moving, plus it serves for understanding clearly, we can exchange some education. Shaolin is big on stances, 5 specific stances, you will see them in forms all the time.......so much so people think theres no practical use
    yet in application, the variations and ranges are limitless. so we practice "shrinking" the small and expanding the big to build explosive response strength. to withdraw and expand, recoil, pull, push etc, all these movements come from that basic stance training (6 harmonies, starting from the feet or root). so for discussion sake, I might go into it some here, though I'm sure its probably covered some where in the deep pool archives lol .....this stuff never gets boring to me, so we can talk about it again.

@ WDHC , we have it easy in most American schools, they dont make splits a requirement, nor hours of horse stance. lol I dont know what I would say to having my legs forced into splits at this age lol. as a kid, I might not worry so much.

Amituofo
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator

Blog Entries

Practical to Djuan's Knee Pain (Affect the Ends Of The Legs To Fix The Knee)-No_Know

There's things I like that might be different frommmmm much of the Martial arts communities..But here's this, For you and your situation as I might now get it better. Your people like that show it in full regardless of your skill...

Please understand Djuan the knee is not there--it is not a thing to exercise manipulate nor fix (but you have been working it.. so No_Know don't know...)

The knee is a capped area behind which two parts of bone come close and pressure off of each other perhaps with adjoining connectors for stability variation

Massage the calf--apply heat to open-stretch it. also above the ankle rub in here to stretch but manipulation. Two more the aft leg between hip and articulation--knee.heat-rubbing massage at bottom of thigh and where hip meets waist front side. [Where butt meets thighs and buttock might could stand relaxing to help your knee because in Squirrel its a connection of lines that tense and pull on the rest of the line. play with releasing tenion at places in the line small choice areas give the flexibility-Ernie Moore Jr.

Don't think of massaging muscle-think of polishing/scouring bone (Squirrel-Ernie Moore Jr)

No_Know

Less tension to the muscles on the ends--hip top- thigh bottom;shin top (front and back) Achilles tendon area leg bottom above ankle all the way around.-Ernie Moore Jr.

No_Know

More knee therapy as promised

heres a short clip of some knee mobility therapy I do for balance and stability. this small excercise, surprisingly has a lot of benefit to the whole body, specifically the core area, thigh, and KNEEEEEES! lol. the slower the better.

https://youtu.be/CB_4IxgxREg

theres a few ways to work into the position, I like to start in DuLiBu for the knee work.

Amituofo
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator