Thread: Insomnia

Insomnia

Hey guys, how to solve problem with sleep? Advice me

I had the same issue and discovered that when I removed my clock in the bedroom I was not as consistent about my middle nite wake up time. Still happens some but now for need rather than worry about when will I wake… how long am I going to be awake… and is it still early enough to go back to sleep or just stay up?

Hey Goors1n! What do you mean? That you sleep too much or that you're able to sleep? I think the most problematic is the second one so I'm gonna give you some advice as I passed through it too. For me, Teva 74 was the angel touch that made me fall asleep. Nothing else was able to do the same. I started exercising a lot and although I was feeling tired at the end of the training, when I was getting in bed my brain wasn't even thinking about sleeping.
    More information about Teva you can find on spam replaced with our sponsor

Insomnia is common problem in today's busy society. I have that too, thought it is not serious to the point to take medication to resolve it. IMHO, change of life style is an important step in the solution. Reduce our work load, activity, etc. will help all together. For example, don't cling to your smartphone before you rest.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong

I only drink a beer per day for the most part for health longevity ( I'm 67 yrs old) and usually have that beer after winding down from my workday just before going to bed. Because it is just one beer it is easy enough to wake up in the morning to start all over again. No time for thinking about staying awake, out for the count in LagerLand.

Smile

I just got info somewhere recently on drinking wine to help fall asleep an hour before rest. It stated there are pro and con in the method. And besides, drinking alcoholic beverage everyday or even six days per week is definitely overdose. Human physiology is incompatible with alcohol intake. Though our body has certain degree of tolerance of the substance.

PalmStriker, take good care of your liver.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong

I generally fall asleep very quickly once my head hits the pillow.

On the very rare nights I have trouble falling asleep, it often has to do with one of three things:

1) Being on iPad or the computer at night right before bed.

2) Over-worrying about something that happened that day, or something that hasn’t even happened yet.

3). Exercising too close to bedtime.

I have never used medicines to help me sleep. IMO, society is already over-medicated.

If you know how, try meditation. Oftentimes, when you meditate, if you do it correctly, you will begin to fall asleep in the middle of doing it, if you’re lying down.

My guess is that living in a high pressure society, insomnia is common. Being an old man is also has more trouble in having a good sleep. The enlarged prostrate will make him go to the toilet at least once during the night. As for other cause, I share with Jimbo's no.2 cause sometimes.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong

Qi overload insomnia

Today, well actually yesterday, was my seminar with my Shifu Shi Decheng on Luohan, which was great (gonna be so sore but the endorphins haven't quite worn off). Now I'm trembling with qi. This used to happen to me in my youth. The fire qi gets overstimulated - or at least that's the tcm explanation. I'm physically exhausted after a brutal 2 hour workout but I can NOT sleep.

I've always suffered from insomnia. Sifu Wing Lam diagnosed my sleep issues and it's connection to my training decades ago and he had this weird meditation solution of looking to the horizon in zhangzhuan while tucking my chin. Sometimes that helps. I haven't had it so bad in years. I'm totally tweakin, as if I just quaffed a triple espresso. It was good to feel that Shaolin qi come through me again but tonight, I'm paying for it. Fortunately, I have little to do tomorrow beyond recover.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

cannabis with mature trichomes will make you sleep well until the alarm goes off and you have your coffee - cannabis also stops nightmares

it's important that the trichomes are mature to cure insomnia
    Last edited by pokomkno3; 05-11-2020 at 06:01 PM.

I have found Melatonin really helps me, I am happy to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Goors1n View Post
    Hey guys, how to solve problem with sleep? Advice me
    Avoid chemicals that disrupt sleep, such as nicotine, caffeine, and alcohol.

I only get hit with insomnia about once a month, at most. If I sleep too much, I will wake up with a headache. So... when I do have a problem falling asleep I will ask myself if I've had ample sleep for a consecutive number of days, I will not be alarmed by the issue at hand as I know I will sleep soundly the next nighttime cycle. That said, if you have been missing sleep (especially the night before, there is a natural, non-medicative way to induce sleep, especially for those of you who spend a lot of time on your feet. My own therapeutic remedy is easy to do while thinking about the need for sleep while laying in bed. Start moving your feet in all directions (no need to massage with hands) with emphasis on moving your toes and feel the fatigue and nerves/circulation all becoming activated. Do this for a few minutes at a minimal. This exercise is vital to having good circulation in your feet and can help in warding off poor circulation problems as you grow older. You may think "Oh, this will help me fall asleep"? When you wake up you will know the answer.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 01-29-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    I only get hit with insomnia about once a month, at most. If I sleep too much, I will wake up with a headache. So... when I do have a problem falling asleep I will ask myself if I've had ample sleep for a consecutive number of days, I will not be alarmed by the issue at hand as I know I will sleep soundly the next nighttime cycle. That said, if you have been missing sleep (especially the night before, there is a natural, non-medicative way to induce sleep, especially for those of you who spend a lot of time on your feet. My own therapeutic remedy is easy to do while thinking about the need for sleep while laying in bed. Start moving your feet in all directions (no need to massage with hands) with emphasis on moving your toes and feel the fatigue and nerves/circulation all becoming activated. Do this for a few minutes at a minimal. This exercise is vital to having good circulation in your feet and can help in warding off poor circulation problems as you grow older. You may think "Oh, this will help me fall asleep"? When you wake up you will know the answer.
    I've been trying this, and it works. Thanks