Thread: Strange worms in my aquarium

Strange worms in my aquarium

Hi. I don't know what to do because there appeared some worms in my aquarium and I don't even know what to do...
    What's this? Are they dangerous?
    Name:  Polychaete_hobbyist_pic.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  11.1 KB

Centipede!

Sorry BalaklavaS. I just could not resist. It's Friday.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Scientists have recently described the world’s first known amphibious centipede. It belongs to a group of giant centipedes called Scolopendra and grows up to 20 centimeters (7.9 inches) long. Like all centipedes, it is venomous and carnivorous. Thankfully, this new water-loving species appears to live only in Southeast Asia. It's a predator - no good for the aquarium fauna

Quote Originally Posted by BalaklavaS View Post
    Hi. I don't know what to do because there appeared some worms in my aquarium and I don't even know what to do...
    What's this? Are they dangerous?
    Name:  Polychaete_hobbyist_pic.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  11.1 KB
    Woow what the f*ck is this dude?)))

Ugh... that's an ugly and scary *******. In Indonesia, I saw even bigger exemplars. They eat them. I guess that they need a carrier to get into the aquarium, so it's your fault for not paying attention. They can't fly from Indonesia to your house and become part of your aquarium fauna. I have a friend who brought a live rock from Indonesia by itself for the aquarium and had some harmful bacteria or worms also. You have to process it before adding it to the aquarium. If you want to read more about them, go on ARC reef (visit site).