Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: weed and meditation

psychoactive drugs are great for showing us what's possible, BUT.......
    the drug experience is dependent on the drug. we have within us these possibilities already, we only have to figue out how to turn on the switch without the chemical assistance! pot can show you the door, but can you go thru without the weed, or will you just smoke all the time and hang out on the doorstep? all the good stuff can be yours, if you just allow it for yourself.
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

"It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all the heavenly glory."
    -Bruce Lee

As they say too much of anything can be bad. so like was just stated on certain occasions it can help alleviate things that may block one's qi.
    We're not gods. Not only are our powers limited, we are sometimes forced to become the devil himself.

how does one know anything about one's self or one's chi experience, one one one..

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Martell
    How do you know that was CHI? And not just the effects of the marijuana? I know when I was a young lad the the first few times I smoked it, I got a weird sensation through my whole body?
    Because i practice chi-kung any way, and i know what it feels like to have chi running through the body, however, not as strong as i felt after i had smoked,, i have reduced my smoking to once a week, so hopefully, with a bit of chi-kung in between, that chi will be racing around like a bat outta hell,,

the weird sensations someone asked about was just the buzzing/fuzzy feeling of chi all over and the room spinning, haha.
    cool.
    the hza

what kind of TCM can you use to clean out the lungs from the effects of too much herb smoke?

I agree with qiphlow!!

If we think of certain areas of the mind as located behind a locked door, psycho-active substances are a key that may allow us to see what is on the other side of the door. Once we see what is on the other side of the door we can become preoccupied with reliving the experience and continue using artificial means to regain temporary access. The benefit is increased knowledge; the negative consequence, our dependence on artificialities for the experience and the negative physical after effects.

It is like looking out a window and seeing a beautiful sunny day, but not being allowed out of doors! I have knowledge of the beautiful day, but I am not out IN it! Perhaps on occasion (through artificial means) I am allowed outside to enjoy the nice day, but my excursion is only temporary! I may be left with a lasting impression, but I gain no significant permanent benefit. It is the free access to the out of doors that provides me with long lasting benefits. With free access I may venture outside whenever I wish and stay as long as I like, this it true freedom!

Consistent smooth Chi flow (barring illness or injury) is an effect of the mind. That is, it is a consequence of a mental state of being! It is not the knowledge of what is on the other side of the door that cultivates or sustains this mental state, nor is it fleeting, temporary experiences gained through artificial means. It is the ability to exist within this mental condition as a state of our being that sustains healthy consistent chi flow.

yo.. what bob said.

i used to wonder whether high level martial artists smoked weed too.
    according to my training brother (who IS in the know concerning IMA
    of taiwan) many if not most internal martial artists use some type of drug.

i'll never forget the eve i passed a doob to a certain well known ima teacher
    who took a pull and then as we talked, complimented the quality (indicating
    to me that he was somewhat of a conessieur)

i'd post names, but it's not my place...

gene posted on this subject, but didn't really indicate whether or not
    he smokes/smoked. looks like a stoner to me!
    Last edited by cbishop; 08-08-2005 at 08:38 PM.

Greetings..

I have to agree that herbs, used too frequently, can become a hindrance to progress.. psychedelics are like an uncontrolled whirlwind tour of the potential of the the mind.. skilled meditation allows you be be in control of exploring your potential.. while herbs (ganja) may relax you sufficiently to have a decent meditational experience, it should be a "finger pointing at the moon" of possibility.. that you should be able to control your own experience without dependence on external methods..

I do not advocate use of mind altering substances as a substitute for self controlled experiences.. they may offer a glimpse of the potential you seek, like a travel brochure, but.. they are not the journey.. that journey is yours only when you can make it on your own.. so, if you want to see what's possible, a few brochures may help, but if all you do is look at "brochures" the real journey never left the station..

I was definately a child of the sixties, i have seen more than my fair share of "brochures".. and, i can assure you that anything achievable by external stimuli is also available through self-discipline.. the mind is an unimaginably powerful tool, whether through drugs or self-discipline it is the mind that manifests the experience.. learn to use the mind at will, and drugs will become unnecessary.. an occasional brochure of unexplored territories, if one chooses.. and, even then, reverence for the guidance is appropriate..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Quote Originally Posted by hazhardy
    Because i practice chi-kung any way, and i know what it feels like to have chi running through the body, however, not as strong as i felt after i had smoked,, i have reduced my smoking to once a week, so hopefully, with a bit of chi-kung in between, that chi will be racing around like a bat outta hell,,
    The brain's cannabanoid system is not fully understood so it could be capable of many things and we have no way to prove against it right now with our (science community) limited understanding. So he may be on to something. Me I always smoke so I can't tell if it's hurting me or helping me although I seem to do ok with my internal energy progression and had a 4.0 GPA in college. They also say that without a doubt it has many benefits to cancer although as I said before too much is bad and may just end up giving you lung cancer when smoked. They have also done a study and as far as lowering IQ goes it only takes of 4 points and you regain them if you stop for awhile. Best Regards.
    Last edited by hellhound; 08-09-2005 at 06:11 AM.
    We're not gods. Not only are our powers limited, we are sometimes forced to become the devil himself.

bob, i think you've got to seperate the issues of regular use to achieve a goal
    or certain condition, as opposed to regular recreational use to have a laugh
    with your friends and feel stupid. and then again, what is regular use?
    once a week? day? on the hour?

everyone has a different body chemistry. for one guy, hershey's is chocolate
    heaven in a silver wrapper, for another guy, it's a night of hell on the porcelein
    crapper. drugs like ritalin act one way in "normal" kids and another way in "ADD"
    kids.

what the last guy said concerning his internal developement, and his studies in
    school sounds a bit like my story. i never made A's nor was i interested in study
    until i started smoking. i won't say that i've become "the last dragon" with my
    martial arts, but i've been able to focus for much longer periods of time. i'm
    probably mildly autistic and so focus on one thing is a huge problem for me
    if something more interesting happens to cross my mind.

Greetings..

i think you've got to seperate the issues of regular use to achieve a goal or certain condition, as opposed to regular recreational use to have a laugh
    with your friends and feel stupid.
    I would suggest that regular recreational use will get you a laugh and make you stupid.. and, i don't advocate regular use for any purpose.. there is undeniable harm in putting smoke in the lungs, regardless of what kind.. the damage to the lungs will harm Qi flow.. And, if you do decide to use it for enhancing more esoteric goals, the tolerance and familiarity with the effects will not present the desired results.. your perception of reality is adjusted by the effects of regular use and discerning the difference between stoned imaginings and enhanced consciousness will be difficult.. most stoners will rationalize regular use to fit their addiction, regular use IS an addiction.. it is a preference for a reality distorted by artificial external stimuli, an abdication of one's own potential in favor of a potential dependent upon the temporary and transient effects of herbs.. it is an admission of incompetence at managing one's own existence..

Be well..

"it is an admission of incompetence at managing one's own existence.. "

is that how you feel about antidepressants? or antibiotics? or insulin for that matter? i think that this statement isn't really correct. we have to stick all sorts
    of external things into our bodies on a daily basis just to stay alive this includes
    water, possibly meat, plants and herbs, minerals. is use of these things an
    admission of incompetence? or is it simply the understanding of how to use
    what's been provided to lead a more beneficial existance?

thing is.. i don't ever get this "phsychadelic" experience that most other people
    describe. never have.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8fool
    what kind of TCM can you use to clean out the lungs from the effects of too much herb smoke?
    tea of cherry bark. works like a charm. and witha bit of honey it's tasty too.

i think it's funny though that anyone would be concerned about harm
    to the lungs considering the state of our breatheable air in big cities.

Greetings..

cbishop: If you care to re-read my post, the reference to managing one's existence relates to habitual use of mind-altering substances.. not, prescribed medications or foods.. as i said, people can rationalize anything..

i think it's funny though that anyone would be concerned about harm to the lungs considering the state of our breatheable air in big cities
    That's the spirit, make a bad thing worse..

I normally close a post with a "be well" in hopes that such will be the case.. but, it seems that you are not particularly interested in that issue.. so, be as you will..

i don't get a "be well"???
    c'mon bob. surely people on this forum (or this country for that matter)
    don't have to agree on everything right?? i don't need to impose my
    beliefs on you or anyone else. just sharing them that's all.

be well?? no, well is not good enough. i wish you many, many blessings bob.