Thread: shaolin double daggers

shaolin double daggers

Does anyone know how many double dagger sets there are in Northern? I just learned the fire dragon (for leung?) set and i was wondering if there were any resourses (books, videos, etc) on this form that i could use to further my knowledge of it. Thanks

Daggers

I have learnt a Cloud Dragon Double Daggers....Wan Lung Dao. For videos of standard northern Shaolin forms I guess Wing Lam Enterprises is the most comprehensive. I think they sell them on this site. I am not sure, but I think I saw this set sold on video.

So Gene, what do you say do I get a commission ? Let me know if your looking for any more salesmen :-))))

Good luck

Buddhapalm
    "In heaven and earth no spot to hide;
    Bliss belongs to one that knows that things
    are empty and that man too is nothing.
    Splendid indeed is the Mongol longsword
    Slashing the spring wind like a flash of lightning !"

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

thanks for the help

Thanks for the help Buddhapalm, but the video offered my WLE isn't the form that I learned. I think the set is from Song Shan Shaolin. What is the Cloud Dragon Dagger set like? The one I learned has a similar intro like the Northern core forms (Tun Da, Bot Bo, Chum Sam) except you have the daggers in each hand. If I knew the lyrics of the names I would be able to give you a better idea of it. Again any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, does anyone know where to get actual combat double daggers? All ive seen around are the ones similar to the daggers sold by WLE. Ive seen some good cold steel ones that Im interested in, but I would like to find ones identical (or as close as I can) to Chinese Double Daggers. Thank you.

-Kevin

Templefist

Hi there,
    My Cloud Dragon Double Daggers starts with both daggers in the left hand, stepping forward and bringing daggers in front and grabbing one with right hand, stepping back and double rear pokes, stomping jump and right reverse-grip upwards cut in cat stance, then lots of cross steps and cross stances with cuts under ribs into the heart with reverse grip....etc.

To buy double daggers sometimes you can find some nice antique replicas of many kinds of weapons on ebay. I recently saw a nice pair of double daggers advertised as antique, but most probably immitation. But hey, they are better than what we can find in some martial arts stores.

To find out more about your set I would ask NorthernShaolin, he is most experienced and knowledgable in Ku Yu Cheungs Northern Shaolin "Bak Siulum Moon" lineage.

Cheers

Buddhapalm
    "In heaven and earth no spot to hide;
    Bliss belongs to one that knows that things
    are empty and that man too is nothing.
    Splendid indeed is the Mongol longsword
    Slashing the spring wind like a flash of lightning !"

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

thanks again

Thank you again Buddhapalm for your help. It sounds like our 2 knife forms are quite a bit different. Ill have to check out ebay for those knifes, but i am a bit weary as ebay tends to be full of overpriced junk.

Now I just hope NorthernShaolin reads this post so I dont have to waste everyones time with another thread. Any help?

Templefist

templefist,

I'm more of KYC' s lingage but r.(shaolin) is more a direct line of Song Shan Shaolin. He can help more than I.

BSL double dagger lyrics

Here are the lyrics from an earlier thread:
    http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...threadid=13584

buddhapalm - I no longer work for WLE. I work for Tiger Claw now. Here are our double daggers: http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/45-74.html
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Shaolin Double Daggers by Master Liu Yaguang

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart