Thread: Summer 2020 - the unfinished final issue

Summer 2020 - the unfinished final issue

Due to the pandemic, TC Media Intl was furloughed and for the first time in the history of our department, we were unable to meet the submission deadline for this issue. This is a novel situation so I do not know how this will impact production until we reopen however the SUMMER 2020 issue will be delayed.

Stay Strong & Healthy everyone. Be Well.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Regarding the end of Kung Fu Tai Chi print publication

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin73 View Post
    Will there still be the online content?
    Yes, for now. As long as MartialArtSmart can stay in business, KungFuMagazine.com and this forum will stay online. I'll still be active here part time. It's all still being sorted however. Putting the print mag to rest has a lot of factors. But both KFM and this forum are tremendous archives (over a thousand articles on KFM and I can't even begin to tabulate what's stored on this forum) so I'm going to do my best to fight for it. However, I gotta pay my own bills too.

There is a chance that the SUMMER 2020 issue might still be produced. We were almost done with it when the Shelter-in-Place order was given. I'm looking into doing some sort of fundraiser like a GoFundMe to complete it.

Publishing has been a struggle and this fate is inevitable for every niche mag. Remember, I've been charting the decline of print mags in our Print-publishing-death-watch since 2009.

Thank you all for your continued support.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Kung Fu Tai Chi 1992-2020

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our newest web article

Bring Honor to Us All. READ The Ballad of Mulan (in the Age of Coronavirus) by Gene Ching

Threads
    Mulan
    Spring-2020
    Summmer-2020
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

AM/FM 2020 Xmas Dumpster Fire Channel

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I may change the title of this thread

The title is currently 'Laurie Anderson: Quanjing Jieyao Pian' but I may drop the 'Quanjing Jieyao Pian' part. As you can read above, that was about a specific performance but Laurie has more to say regarding martial practices.

I wrote a review of Quanjing Jieyao Pian for our unfinished final issue that I really hoped to publish because I could unpack that piece like no one else. Hopefully it may see the light of day someday.

Meanwhile, here's something somewhat relevant to practice - Laurie's new podcast AWAKEN

AWAKEN PODCAST
    HOSTED BY LAURIE ANDERSON

The Rubin Museum presents, AWAKEN, a podcast hosted by acclaimed musician and performance artist Laurie Anderson about the dynamic path to enlightenment and what it means to “wake up.” In 10 episodes we dive into the personal stories of guests who share how they’ve experienced a shift in their awareness, and as a result, their perspective on life. From deep introspection to curious life-changing moments, awakening can take many forms, from the mundane to the sacred. Taking inspiration from the exhibition Awaken: a Tibetan Buddhist Journey Towards Enlightenment, we use artworks as a jumping off point and hear from authors, artists, wisdom bearers, and Buddhist teachers, because every journey is different.

AWAKEN guests include comedian Aparna Nancherla; gender non-conforming writer, performer, and public speaker Alok Vaid-Menon; psychologist, author and teacher of meditation, emotional healing and spiritual awakening, Tara Brach; master birth doula and world renowned wellness leader Latham Thomas; musician, songwriter, and best-selling author Amanda Palmer; artist Tsherin Sherpa; best-selling author, activist, and Buddhist Teacher Lama Rod Owens; hospice and palliative medicine physician and author, BJ Miller; Medicine Woman of Seminole heritage and traditional Cheyenne training, Patricia James; and Tibetan Buddhist master Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips